Fork Brace Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork Brace Help

Guys, I am looking at adding a fork brace to the front of my 1980 Gs1000E, I am not finding the correct part for my year, however I have found one for the GS1000S from 77-82. The specs look the same as far as size 37mm and 57x60 inside.

here is the link,

Will it work?

Fork Brace Suzuki GS1000S 1977-1982

Thanks guys

Steve

Well if that doesn't work out I have one that I took off my 1980 GS1000G that you can have for half that price if you're in the US.

Comment

I'm in the U.S. St. Louis MO. I'll take it off your hands, what brand is it? Do you have pictures and do you take PayPal? Text me 314-477-4846 or email me at shortbals@gmail.com

Comment

If it says 77-82, pretty sure the 80 in is there as well. After all those are the same forks.
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by 06-8-ball View Post
          I'm in the U.S. St. Louis MO. I'll take it off your hands, what brand is it? Do you have pictures and do you take PayPal? Text me 314-477-4846 or email me at shortbals@gmail.com
          Let me look at it when I get home tonight and then I can send some pics too. The you can decide. Paypal is ok.

Comment

Great, thanks!

Comment

It's a B2 fork brace just like this one listed on ebay. Mine is in good shape.

This link might be helpful too.

Last edited by Guest; 04-17-2015, 05:26 AM.

Comment

I have one just like on the XS site and it will not fit over my fender. The one in the UK on e-bay looks like a better candidate but cant be sure so I'm not a buyer. If anyone wants the one that will require a fender delete let me know. I'm only $30.00 in to it.

Comment

Working...
                X