No announcement yet.

1150 Drop??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is not my bike but this is how low i would like it. Back wheel tucked somewhat instead of daylight. Not sure what was done?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by journeyquest View Post
      Looks like they will only let me post one pic per reply?
      If you ATTACH a picture (as you are doing), yes, just one per post.

However, if you upload them to a hosting site (Photobucket, Image Shack, etc.) and paste the links to the images, you can do TEN per post.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Im diggin your bike, and the (very) hard to find case guards. There doesnt seem to be much of any height difference based the the very un scientific comparing of pictures of yours and mine. Maybe yours has a lot of preload and doesnt settle when youre on it?
        The other bike you posted seems extra low to to me, especially for being on the center stand.
        Attached Files
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

That second bike looks stupid low and most likely handles like an elephant in quicksand.
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

You could always drop the forks in the triple clamps, but I think about only 3mm or so before you hit the air adjuster clamps. Might be worth a peek under the for cap to see what the preload setting is at. If the flat head screw is down over an inch, it's set at 3-4 max preload. I would think the Corbin seat is lower than stock, but never seen one in person. Suppose thinner seat foam might be the ticket, aside from checking the sag and ride height as others suggested, on the Fox. Comparing the two bikes you have is like pig, gazelle.
            GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

LOL Maybe your right? But i do want to get my feet close to flat on the ground Whatever that takes? Someone mentioned preload. Im not a suspension guru. I will take it down to Race Tech when i get a chance. They are only open M-F 8-5 which will make it more difficult since i work. I ordered a repair manual and am still waiting to receive it. Haynes i think? The Clymer manual for my GSXR is a nice manual. I dont think Haynes is as good. I also have the OEM shop manual for the 750. These manuals really helped me with the GSXR.
              Attached Files

Comment

Cool Bikes

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                Welcome

I suspect that aftermarket unit is somehow taller. Id love to see a pic and how high the back end sits.
                And yes compared to your GSX-R , the 1150 will likely feel like a boat- A big giant fun one.
                You ain't whistling Dixie! That's quite the boat! This photo shows how wide that seat is at the lowest point. No wonder you're on tip-toes...it's not as rounded which makes your legs bow out more, preventing a comfortable stationary position.............

Front.
                LOL Maybe your right? But i do want to get my feet close to flat on the ground Whatever that takes? Someone mentioned preload. Im not a suspension guru. I will take it down to Race Tech when i get a chance. They are only open M-F 8-5 which will make it more difficult since i work. I ordered a repair manual and am still waiting to receive it. Haynes i think? The Clymer manual for my GSXR is a nice manual. I dont think Haynes is as good. I also have the OEM shop manual for the 750. These manuals really helped me with the GSXR.
                That body cladding is definitely not original. That rear end reminds me of the SRAD with a big bootie of a rearend. Not hating, so please don't take my comments negatively. It does look oddly lower than normal in the front...definitely not a good thing. Thanks for posting pics!

Ed
                Last edited by GSXR7ED; 04-25-2015, 06:48 PM.
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

Here's what I mean about a wide seat. On my "T", I bought it with an "L" seat. When I got my second bike (the same model) I put the seat on it and noticed a slight bit of a wider seat.

Ed
                  GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

i had a 7/11 with a one piece tail that looked a lot like that.

Comment

The GSXR is all OEM Suzuki body parts. This is a 90 with some 89 parts such as brake rotors (drilled instead of slotted) 89 swingarm which is shorter and side fairing with smaller slots. The solo seat is OEM. I have the rear seat also. The 90 had a 5.5 wheel out back instead of 4.5 for 88-89. Also the stroke was a bit longer on the engine and the 90 had a better clutch. I added progressive fork springs when putting new fork seals in. Didnt change height as far as i can tell. I am almost flat footed on the 750. The back end drops when i sit on it. Handling is very good. Dont think the 1150 will ever handle as well as the 750. You can see the big difference in fork travel between the two. I think the 1150 could stand to be lowered at least an inch all around. Anyone know where to get a lower fairing for the 1150?

Comment

Looks like a typical old school Suzuki seat. Looks comfy. What year is the bike?
                        Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                        Here's what I mean about a wide seat. On my "T", I bought it with an "L" seat. When I got my second bike (the same model) I put the seat on it and noticed a slight bit of a wider seat.

Ed

Comment

I agree, lower center of gravity is a plus for handling as long as you have just the amount of travel you need. Your wife rides an 1150? Whoa!! My ex would ride my HD 883 but that sat low and was narrow.
                          Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                          You could always drop the forks in the triple clamps, but I think about only 3mm or so before you hit the air adjuster clamps. Might be worth a peek under the for cap to see what the preload setting is at. If the flat head screw is down over an inch, it's set at 3-4 max preload. I would think the Corbin seat is lower than stock, but never seen one in person. Suppose thinner seat foam might be the ticket, aside from checking the sag and ride height as others suggested, on the Fox. Comparing the two bikes you have is like pig, gazelle.

Comment

My "T"

It's my 1982 GS750...or without the year, it's a GS750TZ.

Thanks for the reply...

Ed
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Dumping bikes into the weeds is not a great thing unless you're running them at the drags. It ruins cornering, and compliance.
                              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

Dumping it on your leg isnt so great either. The plan is to lower it just what needs be. I just didnt know what the best way to go about it. I figured there would be someone on this site who could help.
                                Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                                Dumping bikes into the weeds is not a great thing unless you're running them at the drags. It ruins cornering, and compliance.

Comment

Working...
                                X