X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoked wheels for 82 gs650e

Hi guys,

as I am only new to the forum please forgive me
    if you have heard this question a million times.
    I am wanting to do spoked wheels on my bike
    but can't find a rear wheel to suit. I have a theory
    that a dr650 rear wheel may fit with different spacers,
    my big question is will it be strong enough for the extra
    weight and power of the gs?

I think all your questions will be answered here...

The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

Cyrano your link goes to a 650G thread. OP is posting about a 650E. As far as the rear goes as long as you get spacers right, whether you have to swap them around or make your own, I think you'll be good. It's the front where things get sticky due to the needing a wheel that can accept your speedometer drive gear as well as having the rotor spacing and mount patterns you need etc. You could swap to an electronic speedo like the trailtech vapor which runs off a hall sensor then space the wheel the same as in the rear but you'd still need to fab up mounts for calipers etc. Not an impossible job but not a straightforward swap either. Alternatively you could just find an entire spoked wheel frontend from another bike (forks triples brakes wheels axle everything) and just get a bearing swap kit from allballs racing. Much easier in the end.

Comment

thanks for the reply, i have fitted 04 gsxr 600 forks to the bike, finding a front wheel to suit that is a pain in the butt
        am pretty certain that a moto guzzi griso front wheel will fit. although the price of that may require the selling of a kidney.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowFocus603 View Post
          Cyrano your link goes to a 650G thread. OP is posting about a 650E.
          Aaah. If anybody sees any unclaimed 'bad' lying about, I believe it's mine.
          The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrano View Post
            Aaah. If anybody sees any unclaimed 'bad' lying about, I believe it's mine.
            Lol. We've all been there.

Comment

Working...
            X