GS1000 Front Master Cylinder Rebuild Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000 Front Master Cylinder Rebuild Help

I am having problems with my front brake rebuild and want to make sure I am putting the master cylinder back together right.

I have the ASCO 14mm master cylinder. I bought a new rebuild kit (58600-33810) as well as a new reservoir and o-ring as it started leaking out of the reservoir bottom. I have already rebuilt the calipers and have new brake lines.

The problem is, I can not get the rebuilt master cylinder to pump any fluid, and I am wondering if it is together correctly.
    I have also already torn it back a part to make sure both ports were clean and open which they were.

My question is the assembly order of the rebuild, especially the cooper disc (check valve?).
    Here was my assembly order (from the hose outlet back to the handle):

spring --> cup (snapped onto the spring) --> copper disc --> piston with seal already on it --> circlip --> dust seal

Is this assembly order correct?

When I try to bleed the brakes, with bleeder screw open of course, I get a few small bubbles, but then nothing. After closing the bleeder screw back up, there is no resistance on the brake lever, like it is not pumping any fluid.

Any help would be appreciated.

Did you prime the master cylinder first? See this - http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...-ends.html#A04
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
    X