850L forks hit tank at full lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

850L forks hit tank at full lock

Dad bought a suzuki gs850L only problem left to fix is the forks hit the tank and I can't figure out why or what's missing.

Comment

Hard to see what's going on there. Are you sure the two forward tank support rubbers are still in place ?
      97 R1100R
      Previous
      80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Can you show me where these go and what they look like?

if you mean the rubber unset the gas tank then yes they are there
        Last edited by Guest; 05-13-2015, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Well I've studied your pictures and been out and had a look at my own bike and can't see what the problem is.

if you remove the tank, do the bump stops butt up against the frame on full lock?
          The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

It looks like the tank is either too high or too far forward or a mixture of both. The gap between the side panel and the bottom of the tank looks way to big. I would take it off and make sure it goes back properly. In particular the pair of 2" diameter rubbers at the front are located in the semicircular recesses in the tank. It looks like the tank is sitting on top of them.
            The tank looks to have shifted between the times the images in the first and second posts were taken.
            Last edited by Brendan W; 05-14-2015, 07:23 AM.
            97 R1100R
            Previous
            80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Might be the forks from another year, with different lock-stops.
              ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

actually I got to looking and the PO cut the stops I welded some nuts back on them gave them 1.4 inch more height and no more issue thanks, for the input

Comment

Working...
                X