Conti Classic Attack radials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conti Classic Attack radials

Has anyone tried these radials for our old bikes? I'm interested in any opinions anyone might have. Thanks
    1979 GS 1000

A friend of mine (ArtH) put a set on his 79 GS 750e and really likes them.

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

At Motorcycle Superstore, I only see 18" and 19" tires for the rear.

There is a proper 100/90-19 for the front, though.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

First radial tyre I had on the GS was a rear Avon - 130/80-17, and I was v. impressed at the way it powered through the bends. Felt very sure-footed indeed. Never tried one on the front, as I don't recall fronts being available in my size, and it was more common back then to have radial rears and the matching front of the set would still be cross-ply. I believe the makers were being a bit gradual in introduction, and as bike chassis and suspension design evolved, more were made.
        One thing I was a bit leary of was the tendency I'd known from car use, that changing from x-plies to radials could catch you out. If you were really enjoying the extra grip and taking it to the max, the radial has a tendcency to let go more suddenly than a x-ply, but that never showed up with me. I stayed well inside the envelope and just enjoyed it
        More on that, later.
        ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Those Conti Attack tires are pricey. Not sure you'll match a 17" rear for the GS1000. The old GS750E took 18" rears. For half the price a set of Shinko 230's would work great on that '79 GS1000 or maybe a set of Avon tires for a bit more. Not radials but plenty of grip for these old bikes.

Comment

Sorry about not following the thread; I was out of town. My 1979 GS 1000 has an 18" rear. I've used Conti K111/RB2s and Dunlops, but I'd like to try radials. As to the cost, if they handle better, I feel like they're cheaper than my life. I like to get any advantage I can out there. I plan to eventually go with GSXR front end, brakes, and wheels.
            1979 GS 1000

Comment

Working...
            X