my gs850g/t on the road ,front fork question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my gs850g/t on the road ,front fork question

Hello forum, I Have a 1980 gs850g/t which i have just put back on the road (it was laid up since 2008, last owner), any went to check the front fork oil expecting air shocks only to find none air shocks and a pre load adjustment screw . has anyone any idea whether or not they are genuine gs850g/t forks. All other features on the forks look like gs850 kit. Any info on these forks would be great.

We're gonna need a picture. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but it is not yet clairvoyant.

And some indication of what country you're in might help.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Hello thank,s for the reply ..... the front forks are 37mm and the spring length is 480mm.. have been told there off a gsx1100.Question how much oil and what grade, I live on the Isle of Wight Which is part of the uk .I need a good suspension to cope with the islands crap roads, it has to be forgiving otherwise the strain on the old wrists is to much .The rear is fine, the front is to stiff not much sag when i sit on the bike. When riding the front end fights back especially when there is more than one bump or dip in road in close proximity. Even under hard braking the rdoes not dip greatly..Any info on spring rates etc etc would be great.Only had the bike on the road for four days and it is going really well .... Derk

Comment

Working...
      X