80-83 rotors on 78 GS750??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80-83 rotors on 78 GS750??

Yes, I've used the search function... I need to replace all (3) rotors on my 78 GS750 and have been seeing some killer deals on eBay for 80-83 GS750 rotors (the factory drilled ones). Without having them in my hand it's hard to know if they'll fit my bike or not. Does anyone hear have experience with swapping later model GS rotors onto a 750? Upgrading on a budget is my main objective. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer.

Yes. You will be able to use 80-83 slotted front rotors from a GS 750 to 1100 on your bike. I put them on my 78 GS750. They are a little thinner than stock but it is not a problem. There are left and right rotors; so watch for that if it matters to you. They will also bolt directly to the rear, but many say they're not thick enough for the job. I decided not to try that.

If you are shopping on e-bay, look at (or ask) the thickness of any rotors before bidding. Only bid if they are well within spec. As far as I know, there are no known direct interchange rotors for the rear, with stock thickness anyway. Good luck
    Regards,
    Jason

Comment

They're fine on the back. All the models with rear discs used the same caliper from 77 until well in to the 80s.
      79 GS1000S
      79 GS1000S (another one)
      80 GSX750
      80 GS550
      80 CB650 cafe racer
      75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
      75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys. Now, to find some in spec...

Comment

Working...
        X