Replace front brake assembly with new?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replace front brake assembly with new?

During disassembly I apparently lost the mounting hardware for the front brake assembly. I see complete sets on ebay (universal 7/8) but am hesitant to buy one without feedback. What do you guys use? Only exact OEM replacements? My local Suzuki dealer can't even order them and I'd rather have something a bit more modern anyway.

Thanks.

On a bike of UNKNOWN year, model, and CCs.....we dont so anything untill we know what we are dealing with.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

What Chuck said X2.

Also, what part(s) are you talking about? I'm guessing the master cylinder, but please clarify whether you're talking about the master cylinder or the caliper(s).

The universal master cylinders can work, but you have to match the piston diameter. And not all of the fleaBay units are passable quality.

If it's just the mounting hardware, that's easy enough to solve -- someone here will likely be able to sell you what you need.

But you have to be clearer about exactly what you're working on, what country you're in, and what you need.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
      X