Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried the Baja No Pinch Tire Tool....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone tried the Baja No Pinch Tire Tool....

Anyone use this yet?

The Baja No Pinch tire tool makes installing all shapes and sizes of tires much easier and has also help lower our anxiety levels when the dreaded time comes. Boothy shows just how easy it is to use.

I think I want one.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

very interesting.. looks like I want one too!!!!

Comment

That's very clever!
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I want one also. Neat idea. Where can we find these?

Never mind. Just googled it and it looks like Amazon is the place to go. Not cheap though at $100 more or less plus shipping.
        Last edited by alke46; 07-28-2015, 01:07 PM.
        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend, now for sale.

Comment

Very slick. I've only changed a few tires I have already pinched a tube, damaging it. Looks like this device would even make mounting a tubeless tire easier.
          Charles
          --
          1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Not sure I see the point to this thing.

If your technique is so bad that you're pinching tubes left and right, a $100+ tool isn't going to fix the real problem. Same goes for mounting tubeless tires -- how is this any easier or faster than tire irons?

Also, if you ever have to patch or replace a tube alongside the road or trail, you had better be able to do it with three small tire irons. Or make sure you're never out of cell phone range from someone with a trailer.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

"Same goes for mounting tubeless tires -- how is this any easier or faster than tire irons?"

it's like having a third strong hand - leveraging off axle is clever. Of course, I can make the same setup with a linear toggle clamp for cheap money.
              Attached Files
              1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

My technique is getting pretty good. Off the bike and back on again trailside in about ten minutes using two small tire irons, haven't pinched a tube in years. This has nothing to do with the fact that this thing looks like a hell of a lot better way of doing routine tire changes at home. It just looks like a smarter way of doing it. Leverage is better than brute force.

You can continue with your spoons, I don't mind.
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
                X