Continental Classic Attack Tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continental Classic Attack Tyres

I have fitted a set of Classic Attack radials to my '78 GS1000. I had to swap to the 18" GS1000S rear wheel as they don't do a 17" tyre. I have to say that I'm highly impressed. I also own a 2013 Triumph Thruxton with substantial suspension mods and these tyres made the GS steer nearly as well. I was always ok with the higher speed handling but at lower speeds it felt a bit ponderous compared to the Thruxton. Not any more. The high speed handling has improved too.

20150804_193816.jpg

I've been curious about those for a while now. It's good to finally see some reviews coming in. I know a guy that has a set of the same tires on his CB750 and he's quite happy with them.

Let us know how many miles you get out of them and under what kind of riding conditions.

Comment

Looks like they're only making a few sizes :

Front:
      90/90 R 18
      100/90 R 19

Rear:
      110/90 R 18
      120/90 R 18
      100/90 R 19
      110/85 R 19
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Excellent tires. I put them on my '77 GS550, and they felt comfortable in the hills from the get go- virtually no scrubbing in needed. They feel secure through near peg scrapping lean angles, don't track rain grooves, and ride pretty comfortably. One caveat- I bought my GS in January and the tires on the bike had 2000 date codes on them so I only rode it a half mile when testing it to make sure everything worked. It had only 6000 miles on it and had been stored properly so it was in excellent condition overall. Prior to hitting the road I upgraded the fork springs and internals with Race Tech Emulators, and the rear with Progressive shocks and springs. That said, I bought a 77 GS550 new back in '77, and currently have a few other older bikes where I'm running BT45's ('76 XS650 and '86 SRX600).

There is noticeable wear on the rear, but it's slowing some now that the crown is flattening out some. Most of my miles are commuting to work, but I live at the base of the Santa Cruz mountains so twisty roads are just 5 minutes away. I would guess that I'll get 3000 miles out of the rear tire, which isn't great, but I will definitely get them again, and will be replacing the tires on the XS with these when the time comes.

Comment

Working...
        X