Smooth ride, Air bag seat on a 86 GS 550L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smooth ride, Air bag seat on a 86 GS 550L

20151018_120742_resized_1.jpgGot to smooth out those bumps along the way by adding an air bag to the seat. I also changed to a Harley Davidson seat. A little wider, a little more comfortable.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-18-2015, 10:25 PM.

I am guessing that you have maybe hard-tailed the bike?

I am curious about the airbag, though. Looks like a contender for a project I have in mind.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

You need one of these....
      220px-Whoopee_cushion.jpg
      ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
        You need one of these....
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]42518[/ATTACH]
        I like that. anything to smooth the ride....lol

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          I am guessing that you have maybe hard-tailed the bike?

I am curious about the airbag, though. Looks like a contender for a project I have in mind.

The GS 550L has a mono-shock rear swing-arm. It has an adjustable dial on it, I found the air bag and Harley seat at Goodwill for $15. When I pulled the GS 550L step seat, it had the perfect cross over to mount the air bag. I got lucky on this one. Now I have to make another trip to L.A. to give it the smoke test....lol
          20151018_120831_resized_1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by whatparthurts View Post
            The GS 550L has a mono-shock rear swing-arm. It has an adjustable dial on it, I found the air bag and Harley seat at Goodwill for $15. When I pulled the GS 550L step seat, it had the perfect cross over to mount the air bag. I got lucky on this one. Now I have to make another trip to L.A. to give it the smoke test....lol
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]42524[/ATTACH]
            Well, Old school CB, Ammeter, volts and water temp gauges from Auto Zone. I dropped the temp sensor between the carbs for a temp reference point. I can tell if its cold, warm or hot.

No true trucker bike would be complete without an air suspension seat. just like the big rig. They were two separate purchases that just worked out well.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42524[/ATTACH]
              Well, Old school CB, Ammeter, volts and water temp gauges from Auto Zone. I dropped the temp sensor between the carbs for a temp reference point. I can tell if its cold, warm or hot.

No true trucker bike would be complete without an air suspension seat. just like the big rig. They were two separate purchases that just worked out well.
              Excellent. I have (or will be shortly) joining the Vetter resurrectors shortly. Nothing beats a good fairing in the winter.
              ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
              X