86 gs550 es front brake help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

86 gs550 es front brake help

Ok my front brakes and rotors get hot real fast,hot enough that if i pull in the clutch the bike starts to slow down faster than it should,ive replaced the brake lines boots seals and brake fluid im almost at my wits end .I havent replaced the pads as they have plenty of material on them i guess it's possible that they got brake fluid on them at some point,but i will replace them if you suggest it .which brings up another question what type of pads should i buy,i wil just do every day normal driving no twisties or racing or anything like that. Do you trust ebay brake pads?

THANKS!!!!HELP

Buy stock pads...............
    Oh and there is some sort of valving in the master cylinder that can get gunked up. Did you flush everything well and belled properly?

Comment

Recommend that you contact Jan @ www.maccycles.com for EXCELLENT brake pads (G/G) that are MUCH BETTER than stock and
      at a MUCH LOWER COST!!!!

Comment

Did you clean the calipers? They are probably sticking. Or your master cylinder bleed hole could be blocked. Doubt it has anything to do with pads. Although new pads are never a bad thing
        1979 GS550, 2003 R6, 1998 XR400 Dual Sport, 2004 V-Star.........

Decisions, decisions, what to ride, today.
        sigpic
        My GS550 Build

Comment

stock pads are pertty awesome ferro mettalic things. What is there that is better for street use?

Comment

Working...
          X