Fork oil level - 2001 Bandit 1200 w/ Sonic Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork oil level - 2001 Bandit 1200 w/ Sonic Springs

This weekend I'll be going over some Bandit forks and want to check with you guys first (and I hate to bother Rich when I don't have to......). Anybody know how much oil goes in each fork and / or the air gap (measured with the springs & spacers removed, forks collapsed of course)?

I have a Bandit service manual but I know the oil level can change with different internals. Thanks in advance folks!

Originally posted by Big Rich View Post
    This weekend I'll be going over some Bandit forks and want to check with you guys first (and I hate to bother Rich when I don't have to......). Anybody know how much oil goes in each fork and / or the air gap (measured with the springs & spacers removed, forks collapsed of course)?

I have a Bandit service manual but I know the oil level can change with different internals. Thanks in advance folks!
    No bother.

120mm works well on those.
    '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Yet again, you're a champ. Thank you sir!

Comment

Should have mentioned before, 10w oil is generally the best choice
        '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

I already got some 10w..... I think you recommended it when I bought the springs? Don't know why I didn't ask about the oil level back then though.

But thanks again Rich. You are a huge help to the community.

Comment

Working...
          X