GSXR Rear Wheel !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSXR Rear Wheel !

Well answered AD for a 1994 GSXR Rear Wheel for sale. I was expecting a 5.5 inch with the 6 rubber cush drive inserts, well.... once again got screwed ? The mag is in nice shape but has provisions only for 5 cush rubbers, Also does NOT have a 20 mm axle but over inch diameter one? Just wondered what I got. I emailed the fellow back but as expected zero reply. anyone have a Idea what wheel made by suzuki has 5 cush rubbers? I've only seen 6 so far in all mine? Thanks Mike

Do your research before you buy

Maybe not even Suzuki.
    Kawasaki ZX-11?
    Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 12-29-2015, 09:17 AM.
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

RF900 rear has six dampeners, RF600 has 5.
      Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

It could be a few Suzuki wheels if only 4.5 inches wide.
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Thanx Guys it IS a Suzuki and is 5.5 inch wide rim. It just has rubber cush provisions for 5 rubbers not 6 and when I bought it i thought id be able to use my GS sprocket carriers on it, NO, Still researching any help appreciated thanks Mike

Comment

Looks like what you have is a '93 gsxr600 wheel.
            Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

The 93 GSXR wheels use a 20mm axle, madmikeracing says he got wheel that takes an axle more than 25mm wide.
              Maybe he's measuring the space without a bearing in place?

Comment

When I put the 5.5" Bandit wheel on my 1000 I just changed the bearings from my original 1000 wheel into the Bandit wheel, fixed the axle diameter issue.

all you need is a 5 segment Cush drive and your problem is solved. http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=...p2045573.m1684
                plenty in Canada cheap enough.
                1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head :cool:
                1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017:D

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

Buffalo Bill NO not with bearing out ha ha ha , I didn't have a good tool ( i would use a telescopic gauge set ) to measure and just rough measured with calipers (vernier type) The inside bearing bore was over an inch diameter around 26 mm almost. I was told it was a gsxr 750 wheel 1993 but got fu.... like last time I bought some engine parts fro the States, Thanks Mike

Comment

Well New years over ,Late night . Went out to the shop measured the bearing I/D of the Wheel I was told was a 750 gsxr, think 1993 1994 any how was 1.100 inside diameter. I think the larger I/D may be better strength wise? I have had axle troubles (bending!!) on my old street bike, But it was driven by a idiot at hi speeds over Jumps like Bridge rises at 250 kph plus and other things. I ended up replacing two axles and bearing sets a,,,..when they bent they took out the bearing also. Made a new one from tool steel even had it heat treated properly and remachined never a issue again. I still am a bit miffed with wheel as I had hopes my gs 1100 sprocket carriers would of fitted. Anyhow awesome bunch here thanks for the advice and I wish everyone a Happy New year Mike

Comment

i am going to fit a 99 GSXR600 SRAD rear wheel to my GS1000, that has a 28mm axle, but it has 6 cush rubbers, and is 5.5".
                      I thought yours may be a GSXR1000 as they had the same 28mm axle and only 5 cush rubbers, but they are 6" rims.
                      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Still A bit ****ed about my rear wheel. . It was advertised as a 1994 GSXR 1100 Rear wheel. But has the 28 mm (1.100) Rear axle bearing diameter and Only 5 cush rubbers. Anyhow Internet dealings are always questionable I've found. I looked up a 1994 GSXR rear wheel on bike bandit and it appears to have 6 rubbers? Guess I got f.... Mike

Comment

Working...
                        X