GSXR Rear Wheel !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSXR Rear Wheel !

Well answered AD for a 1994 GSXR Rear Wheel for sale. I was expecting a 5.5 inch with the 6 rubber cush drive inserts, well.... once again got screwed ? The mag is in nice shape but has provisions only for 5 cush rubbers, Also does NOT have a 20 mm axle but over inch diameter one? Just wondered what I got. I emailed the fellow back but as expected zero reply. anyone have a Idea what wheel made by suzuki has 5 cush rubbers? I've only seen 6 so far in all mine? Thanks Mike

Do your research before you buy

Maybe not even Suzuki.
    Kawasaki ZX-11?
    Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 12-29-2015, 09:17 AM.
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

RF900 rear has six dampeners, RF600 has 5.
      Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

It could be a few Suzuki wheels if only 4.5 inches wide.
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Thanx Guys it IS a Suzuki and is 5.5 inch wide rim. It just has rubber cush provisions for 5 rubbers not 6 and when I bought it i thought id be able to use my GS sprocket carriers on it, NO, Still researching any help appreciated thanks Mike

Comment

Looks like what you have is a '93 gsxr600 wheel.
            Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

The 93 GSXR wheels use a 20mm axle, madmikeracing says he got wheel that takes an axle more than 25mm wide.
              Maybe he's measuring the space without a bearing in place?

Comment

When I put the 5.5" Bandit wheel on my 1000 I just changed the bearings from my original 1000 wheel into the Bandit wheel, fixed the axle diameter issue.

all you need is a 5 segment Cush drive and your problem is solved. http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=...p2045573.m1684
                plenty in Canada cheap enough.
                1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head
                1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

Buffalo Bill NO not with bearing out ha ha ha , I didn't have a good tool ( i would use a telescopic gauge set ) to measure and just rough measured with calipers (vernier type) The inside bearing bore was over an inch diameter around 26 mm almost. I was told it was a gsxr 750 wheel 1993 but got fu.... like last time I bought some engine parts fro the States, Thanks Mike

Comment

Well New years over ,Late night . Went out to the shop measured the bearing I/D of the Wheel I was told was a 750 gsxr, think 1993 1994 any how was 1.100 inside diameter. I think the larger I/D may be better strength wise? I have had axle troubles (bending!!) on my old street bike, But it was driven by a idiot at hi speeds over Jumps like Bridge rises at 250 kph plus and other things. I ended up replacing two axles and bearing sets a,,,..when they bent they took out the bearing also. Made a new one from tool steel even had it heat treated properly and remachined never a issue again. I still am a bit miffed with wheel as I had hopes my gs 1100 sprocket carriers would of fitted. Anyhow awesome bunch here thanks for the advice and I wish everyone a Happy New year Mike

Comment

i am going to fit a 99 GSXR600 SRAD rear wheel to my GS1000, that has a 28mm axle, but it has 6 cush rubbers, and is 5.5".
                      I thought yours may be a GSXR1000 as they had the same 28mm axle and only 5 cush rubbers, but they are 6" rims.
                      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Still A bit ****ed about my rear wheel. . It was advertised as a 1994 GSXR 1100 Rear wheel. But has the 28 mm (1.100) Rear axle bearing diameter and Only 5 cush rubbers. Anyhow Internet dealings are always questionable I've found. I looked up a 1994 GSXR rear wheel on bike bandit and it appears to have 6 rubbers? Guess I got f.... Mike

Comment

Working...
                        X