Master Cylinder ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master Cylinder ID

Can anyone ID the source of this front master cylinder? I need the other half of the handle bar bracket, and it is most certainly not the OEM MC from my GS450ET.

Hallmarks are a side fluid window, 2 screw cover plate, 5/8 piston, and the off-centered screw holes for the handle bar bracket.

It's a Nissin m/c. They're fitted as original on several makes, and also sell to the aftermarket.

Lots of them here, although not the one you have: http://japan.webike.net/bm/brd/Brake...SSIN/1014/508/

Dime City Cycles stock them - maybe they could help: http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintag...-717-654e.html
    1980 GS550ET

Comment

Yea, any NISSIN brand MC for the correct sized handlebars should fit the bottom half of the bracket you're seeking.

Comment

Kawasaki master cylinder from the late 80s-90s.

Quite distinctive.

Might be ZXR600, ZXR750 - something like that. Should be easy to find the clamp.

On a somewhat related note, a 5/8" m/c is probably not the best choice for a single caliper disc brake set-up. Much better to go with a 14mm diam. m/c.

Just saying, in case you're interested.
        Last edited by Guest; 01-19-2016, 06:15 AM.

Comment

92 ZX6 master cylinder.

s-l1600.jpg

Comment

Yep - Kawasaki had those off centre bolts on their MC clamps while Mr Suzuki and the other guys had their bolts centred.
            Current:
            Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha :eek:)

Past:
            VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
            And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

Working...
            X