gs 1000 1978, single front disc upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs 1000 1978, single front disc upgrade

So i recently purchased yet another 78 gs, this time a 1000.

Its the version with single disc front spoked wheel, Im nor crazy about the stoping powe but I'm messing so much with my 750 that I'm going
    to try to keep this simple..
    Iz there any modern disc and caliper that is a straight swap, i dont mind fabing a mounting bracket for the caliper but would love if there was a disc with the right mounting holes and offset that works with the original wheel.
    Basically keep a single disc just better

Or since I'm already mounting a 07 gsxr750 usd front end with cbr945r top triple, 1 inch fork extender etc on my gs750 and the triple i have was fitted on a Honda
    so it has a night hawk stem pressed in so i need to press out my stem from the gs750 stem, should i just press in the stem from my
    gs1000 in the gs750 triple and use the dual brake 750 forks with my single break gs1000 hub and do the ninja swap?
    Last edited by Guest; 01-20-2016, 02:32 AM.

I did the Saltymonk brake on one side of my 550, and it's pretty decent for a 550. With the extra mass of a 1000, no way. Your single brake gs1000 hub should be drilled for two discs.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

So since i need to press the stem out of my gs750 to put in the gsxr i might as whell press my 1000 into the 750 triple, use the 750 legs setup for two discs and then drill
      the hub.. ok.
      have to do most of that pressing anyway

Comment

bearings are good on both bikes, I'm poor, hence rather switch stems.
        Last edited by Guest; 01-20-2016, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X