gs750 1978, gsxr front end swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs750 1978, gsxr front end swap

Hi, so after being offered a gsxr750 front end with triples, calipers, axle, rotors and straight non leaking legs for a hundred bux i now own those parts.
    I then got extended fork caps for free from a buddy and i bought a top triple from a cbr945r with the 1 inch drop.
    If i keep the original wheel there should not really be any ground clearance problem.

My problem is that i need spacers that bolts on to the wheels and then you bolt the disc to them and also move them out to work with the stock calipers mounted on the gsxr forks, my brother in law can make them for me but doesn't have time to make the blueprint or a cad.

I know people have used original wheels with usd gsxr forks, anyone here? that also might have the blueprints and or cad files?
    no rich but i could pay something and i would love you forever!

Next the front gsxr axle is obviously not going to fit the front wheel, and the original is to short, how did people solve this
    make a new longer axle with a huge head to fit one side then a interleave on the other and the just a nut and washer?
    obviously need inner /pacers too.

Finally the only problem left is that someone pressed a short honda nighthawk stem into the gsxr tripple, is there someone here close to los angeles
    that has a shop press?
    Last edited by Guest; 01-20-2016, 02:28 AM.

well, reading stuff online, not here, and believing it is dangerous since apparently the cbr954rr forks are an 8th of an inch narrower so i
    need the lower part of the triple first,, sigh
    Last edited by Guest; 01-23-2016, 09:19 AM.

Comment

All balls has conversion kits for the front end,

All Balls Racing Bearing and Seals packages all the needed parts to help with rebuilding your ATV, Dirt Bike, Street Bike, V-Twin,Snowmobile, All Balls manufactures 133 swing arm kits to cover more models than anyone, from 1973 to current,

I wouldn't waste the time using a newer front end with the stock gs750 rim, I would personally find the proper gsxr front rim for the forks you have, you said you already have the calipers and rotors so thats not an issue.

Get a gs1100e rear swing arm, that way you can use a wider newer rim with modern tires, Someone will chime in with how wide a rear tire you can go,

Hope this helps.

Comment

After reading your other thread, if your on a budget like I am, use the 750 dual front end and do the Salty_Monk brake upgrade, buy some sonic springs from Rich who is a member on this forum and get some race tech emulators. That would be a huge improvement but can also get costly depending on where you get your parts.

Personally I love the sonic springs and have only bought a right lower 750 dual fork leg and am using the 83 gs850 slotted front rotors, calipers, brackets and new Apex S.S. brake line kit. I'm in the middle of either going to drill my stock rear rotor or see if a later gs slotted rear rotor will fit.

Comment

Well as i said, there is a honda stem pressed into my gsxr lower tripple, its shorter than the gs so cant use it with custom bearings, hence having to press it out.

I want the stock wheel because it looks better than a 17 and changing wheel would drop the front end to much
          Last edited by Guest; 01-23-2016, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X