No announcement yet.

Balance beads question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a really good video. People who say they don't work either don't want to know, or don't understand the science, or just can't learn something outside of their little box of knowledge.
    Seen so called "proof" that they don't work while being spun on a balancing machine, but on a balancing machine they don't work at all, cannot work as the wheel is held rigidly in place. The axle needs to be free to move a little to move the beads around. If they will take the shaking out of a dirt bike with one big rim lock on each wheel it is good enough for me.
    Been using them a long time. Far better that weights as far as I'm concerned.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I just ordered a new set of tires and plan to change them myself. Bwringer, thanks for the home balance setup idea. I will try something similar, but even more homestyle lol.

And perhaps the dumbest question of the year, but I assume there's no way to use beads with a tube and spoked wheels. Is this true?
      Jordan

1977 Suzuki GS750 (My first bike)
      2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
      1973 BMW R75/5

Comment

Originally posted by hannibal View Post
        I assume there's no way to use beads with a tube and spoked wheels. Is this true?
        It's easy with tubes, they work just fine. Just leave the beads in the tube when you change the tire. If you change the tube too cut it open and pour the beads out into a pan or something to use them in the next tube.
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          It's easy with tubes, they work just fine. Just leave the beads in the tube when you change the tire. If you change the tube too cut it open and pour the beads out into a pan or something to use them in the next tube.
          I guess I deserved that.
          Jordan

1977 Suzuki GS750 (My first bike)
          2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
          1973 BMW R75/5

Comment

Working...
          X