Sonic Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonic Springs

Has anybody that installed Sonic Springs ended up needing more of the plastic spacer than they provided?
    Current Bikes:
    2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

I had about 3x more PVC than I needed, but they were allot shorter springs than the stock ones for sure.
    1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Mine ended up being the exact amount I needed. I Just cut the tube in half.
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9zH8w8Civs8ejBJWjdvYi1LNTg&resourcekey=0-hlJp0Yc4K_VN9g7Jyy4KQg&authuser=fussbucket_1%40msn.com&usp=drive_fs
      1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
      1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

If you are short of PVC tube for whatever reason you can go to your local home reno/hardware store and buy more in the plumbing section for a couple $$.

Mark
        1982 GS1100E
        1998 ZX-6R
        2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Originally posted by jsandidge View Post
          Mine ended up being the exact amount I needed. I Just cut the tube in half.
          Well, as it turned out, this is exactly what I did too. Had the exact amount by cutting in half.

Got it all back together and went for a ride. No more fork leaks! Awesome! Now on to addressing getting the carbs tuned up right.
          Current Bikes:
          2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

I've learned that Home Despot carries one foot and three foot lengths of various PVC pipe (I think it's their way of salvaging and selling the usable parts of damaged pipe). Very handy when you don't need eight feet of the stuff hanging around the garage.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
            X