Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identify front brake master cylinder

Hey guys, long time no post.

Anyone able to I'd this master cylinder for me? I believe it to be off a gsxr? Trying to order a rebuild kit for it.

Cheers Josh

20161028_184405.jpg

Does it have any manufacturer logos or numbers on it?

Comment

The brake handle and writing on the top makes it look similar to mine I bought for a Kawasaki Ninja. Does it have the twinpot brake calipers on it? What does the wiring connector look like at the bottom?
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Woodsy View Post
        Hey guys, long time no post.

Anyone able to I'd this master cylinder for me? I believe it to be off a gsxr? Trying to order a rebuild kit for it.

Cheers Josh

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48171[/ATTACH]
        Some more pictures would help, as would any numbers you can find. From that one view it could be a GSXR M/C. They used that style all the way to the end of the W series water cooled models, then changed to a remote reservoir style with the SRAD 750's. From my GSXR1100W service manual the pictures show that there is "NISSIN" cast into the front side of the reservoir, but no details on any numbers.

EDIT - If it is a Suzuki master cylinder it turns out they used the same piston/cup set from 1983 to 2009 on a huge assortment of models: http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detai...600-45860.html

Mark
        Last edited by mmattockx; 10-29-2016, 01:01 PM.
        1982 GS1100E
        1998 ZX-6R
        2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

That looks a lot like the cap on the master cylinder on my wife's '82 850L.

A view from the side would help, too, along with a description (or picture) of the brake switch area.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I got this from a wreckers afew years ago, I believe it's from a gsxr but can't be certain. The bike runs standard brakes.

These are some old pictures from before I painted it.

Last edited by Guest; 10-30-2016, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Took a quick look on eBay & it looks like it could be for a Suzuki Bandit.
              Example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/97-SUZUKI-GS...-/351512376646

Comment

Yep, with that angle on it, it looks just like a typical "L" master cylinder.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

It's not a GSXR one as it has a boss for the mirror.

Given the style and the angle I would say it is from something like an Intruder.
                  Given the lever style I would say it is at least 2002 onwards.

What piston bore is it? They all have that marked. The Intruder probably has a 14mm bore as its single rotor I think. A 5/8" bore would indicate it was from a dual brake.

It appears to be Tokico or Denso or something that could have been used on a number of bikes. Could be from a Yamaha or Kawasaki or something. The angle and mirror boss definitely shouts cruiser to me.
                  1980 GS1000G - Sold
                  1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                  1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                  1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                  2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                  1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                  2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

It looks like the holder/ mirror mount doesn’t quite match up, so it could be from a different bike.

Looking at the master cylinder without the holder, I’d say its for Hayabusa.
                    Looked a bit more on eBay & its the only one I found with the level-check window in the correct location.
                    See: http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-07-SUZUKI...-/121983378191

Comment

I think it is pointing towards the hayabusa

Comment

Or that type anyway
                        Last edited by Guest; 10-31-2016, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jabcb View Post
                          It looks like the holder/ mirror mount doesn’t quite match up, so it could be from a different bike.

Looking at the master cylinder without the holder, I’d say its for Hayabusa.
                          Looked a bit more on eBay & its the only one I found with the level-check window in the correct location.
                          See: http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-07-SUZUKI...-/121983378191
                          The mirror holder is just part of the clamp - you could buy them aftermarket a few years back (I bought an MCS one for my 1150).

If you wanted OEM you could also use a GSX1400 / Bandit clamp.
                          Current:
                          Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha :eek:)

Past:
                          VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
                          And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

Working...
                          X