YSS top line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YSS top line

I'm over the pond in not so sunny England at the moment and just been offered brand new top line YSS shocks (bigger damper rod and better materials) for $330

strongly considering them as I'm sure a few people here have used them for classic. Racing

any comments before I "flex the plastic "

Attached Files
    78 GS1000C- Now sporting 1100E suspension and numerous goodies
    82 GS750E/82 1100E/ GSXR Frankenstein bike completed
    83 1100E "rescue bike" saved from the barn
    2008 Bking - Torque Torque Torque
    Next project slowly coalescing

Which model? The photo shows the model with adjustable rebound damping. I think those normally sell for about $500 new.
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by bsharpish View Post
      I'm over the pond in not so sunny England at the moment and just been offered brand new top line YSS shocks (bigger damper rod and better materials) for $330

strongly considering them as I'm sure a few people here have used them for classic. Racing

any comments before I "flex the plastic "
      Will the spring rate be correct for your bike and usage?

Mark
      1982 GS1100E
      1998 ZX-6R
      2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Z Series?
        Discover YSS Suspension, Thailand's leading motorcycle suspension brand. Elevate your ride with our innovative products like the PD Valve Fork Emulator and Fork Cartridge Kits. Trusted in over 30 countries, YSS promises unmatched comfort, control, and precision for every journey. Experience the difference today.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

For racing, you might want to save up for the G series with full adjustability and the increased temperature stability of the remote reservoir. I don't race with mine, but I knew I wouldn't be satisfied with less adjustabilty. Either way, you won't be disappointed with the quality is the springs and damping are right for your bike.
          Dogma
          --
          O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
          '80 GS850 GLT
          '80 GS1000 GT
          '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Thanks for the input

I bought - RZ362-335TRL-01-X with a slightly stiffer than stock spring as I'm "robustly built" .... but its only a 12mm shaft and I wanted 16mm (RZ366) , however at $330 they'll probably do as its going to be a low mileage bike and definitely not on track.
            I just couldn't bring myself to buy into the extremely cheap chinese shocks OR spend ohlins/wilbers money this time around .... So I'll suck it and see

Comment

Originally posted by bsharpish View Post
              I'm over the pond in not so sunny England at the moment
              not so sunny! I find that hard to believe thats why we have webbed feet here. 😁😁😁😁😁😁
              The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
              1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
              past bikes. RF900
              TL1000s
              Hayabusa
              gsx 750f x2
              197cc Francis Barnett
              various British nails

Comment

Tell me about it ........ I've spent the last decade avoiding the UK and my home town of Stoke on trent

Houston Texas sounds sooooo much better than Stoke Staffordshire !!! and , in reality, it is ..... then again

Comment

Working...
                X