No announcement yet.

New Hagon shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything is rebuildable. The real question is if it's worth it for the price... On a budget shock probably not.

Dan
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by Boriqua View Post
      I bought a brand new Harley 1200 Roadster and the wife and I couldn't use the bike until I bought new shocks. At $200 the Hagons give me, solo and two up, an amazing comfortable safe ride .. I can forgive a few things
      Well, see; there's an irony - the workhorse GS has been wearing Showa air shocks for more than twenty years, the first set from a Kwack GT750, and the current set a pair of new-ish take-offs from a Harley owner who must have an upgrade. They're from an FLXTCSRDNCWBNHTGOSYRYGHTOB or something heavy anyway.
      I can honestly say the GS handles absolutely fine with shocks that are available on Ebag for next to nothing.
      ---- Dave
      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

I have been running Hagons on the rear and I am very pleased with there performance. I also have Hagon springs in the front with Racetech emulators again with very good results and that's with me being 220lb in my calvins.

Jeff

Living the dream...

1980 GS1000 that has been modestly modified.

Comment

I must point out that I'm not dissing Hagons as a quality shock - the XJ has a pair on the back and they're perfectly fine. If they crap out, and they're not rebuildable, they'll be replaced with a pair of air Showas, same as the GS.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
          X