Sonic Springs and Race Tech Emulators intall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
    No worries. Even if they are a bit light, im sure it will still be worlds better then stock.

And Glib, the restaurant mentioned, while really good overall, is especially noted for its absolutely wonderful thin crust pizza. Yum.....
    Oh boy! I know you’re on the other side of the country but I just discovered a boutique Italian restaurant in Lodi, CA where the lasagna actually rivals my moms. Bueno Italiano. I’ve never had Italian food outside the family like that before.
    sigpic
    1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
    1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
    1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
    On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
    All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

No worries. Even if they are a bit light, im sure it will still be worlds better then stock.
      They'll be about perfect for your weight.

And Glib, the restaurant mentioned, while really good overall, is especially noted for its absolutely wonderful thin crust pizza. Yum.....
      Indeed. A Federici's anchovy pizza is one of mankind's greatest creations.
      '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Great. Its coming together. Forks assembled tonight, oil in, wheel on. I need to give the brakes some love.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Ready for warmer weather and testing.... brakes done, its back on its wheels.
          Definitely noticed a difference in just heaving off the centerstand. Apparently it sits higher too. It leans farther when on the side stand.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Ready for warmer weather and testing.... brakes done, its back on its wheels.
            Definitely noticed a difference in just heaving off the centerstand. Apparently it sits higher too. It leans farther when on the side stand.
            I noticed an immediate difference coming off the centerstand too. Made me wonder if there was enough sag but it was perfect. You're gonna love it.
            sigpic
            1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
            1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
            1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
            On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
            All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Originally posted by TxGSrider View Post
              Sorry Glen,
              I bought and installed the springs a couple years ago, and now that I think about it, I believe I had ordered 1.0 springs but Sonic was temporarily out of them and suggested the .95. I hope hat didn't mess up your build plans or anything.
              How does .95 springs compare to the RaceTech & SonicSprings spring tool recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by jabcb View Post
                How does .95 springs compare to the RaceTech & SonicSprings spring tool recommendations?
                My memory on these things are a little sketchy, but I believe on Racetechs online calculator they recommended .85 I think stock was something like .65.
                Last edited by TxGSrider; 02-12-2018, 10:44 AM. Reason: Clarification
                1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Working...
                X