Gs850GL rear master cylinder circlip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs850GL rear master cylinder circlip

Would anyone happen to know what size the circlip is for the rear master cylinder? I can find the Suzuki part number, but I'm sure that it's something I can probably find locally. There wouldn't happen to be a way to decode the Suzuki part number for a standard size, similar to bolts, would there?

They're specified by the diameter of the bore. I'd hazard a WA guess that's 12mm, but I have no idea.

In other words, the circlip will measure a little larger in diameter than the bore. A 12mm circlip would measure about 13mm.

If you can find metric circlips locally, just buy a few different sizes that eyeball about right and save yourself the return trip.

Measure the bore and look for "Metric Internal Retaining Rings" on McMaster-Carr:
    McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

Ooh, looks like they have stainless, too...
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
    X