Rearsets on a GS250T?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rearsets on a GS250T?

Hi folks. I know this is probably a crazy idea but as at least an exercise in mechanical thinking, I'm researching the possibility of installing rearsets on my little GS250T Cafe bike. I see there's a few different ways to run the brake linkage. To avoid a long bent linkage and recreating a brake light actuator, using a short linkage to modified upright brake lever on the original splined brake lever shaft seems to be the way to go. The first problem I see is that the brake return spring is integral to the the original brake lever. Any ideas for a different return spring set up?

Here's a link to a similar rearset install:

And here's link showing the GS250T brake lever spring set up:
    2003 SV650 full fairing on a formerly naked bike so it has handlebars, not clipons
    1995 Yamaha XT225
    2007 Yamaha XT225
    1981 GS250T Cafe

It's not going to be easy unless you're handy with a welder, but you might be able to make a triangular piece of alloy to mount on existing peg mounts & exhaust hanger mounts. Once you've done that both sides you might be able to use some modern rearsets further back but you may still have to sort back brake IE cable operated

Comment

Working...
    X