brake discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake discs

is there any discs i can get for a 82gs650gl, mine got rust on them and stuff ill take pics but was wondering if theres better ones or a good way to clean these. also what size are my brake lines to connect to the master cylinder and caliper, i dont know the name of the part thing its a nipple or something. any good aftermarket rear master cylinders that fit on easy for my bike aswell, theres a $10 one on there now need a good one.

also are the front and rear brake pads the same size
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
    1982 XS650

If the ones you have are still within spec you could ship them to a place like this to be resurfaced.

Look into stainless steel lines that come with the connection to the master cylinder (banjo bolts). I got my stainless brake lines from RenSport. Just called and told them what bike I had and they made the lines for me, but if you don't have stock parts the length may change a bit. There are lots of posts on where to get them, or if you prefer how to make your own brake lines.

Brake pads are different on the front and rear. Check the part numbers on the fiche for the correct number and shop for new pads. EBC are good quality. Semi sintered seem to do the job very well.

Hope this helps.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    1982 GS1100GK

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AZARCACOIDILINKSMONVNMOKTXUTWYsm.jpg Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400, 2003 FJR1300

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
      If the ones you have are still within spec you could ship them to a place like this to be resurfaced.

Look into stainless steel lines that come with the connection to the master cylinder (banjo bolts). I got my stainless brake lines from RenSport. Just called and told them what bike I had and they made the lines for me, but if you don't have stock parts the length may change a bit. There are lots of posts on where to get them, or if you prefer how to make your own brake lines.

Brake pads are different on the front and rear. Check the part numbers on the fiche for the correct number and shop for new pads. EBC are good quality. Semi sintered seem to do the job very well.

Hope this helps.
      it does thankyou gonna take pics of disc to see what people think of condition, im gonna switch my lines to steel braided i think for better material and im getting a rear brake piston and pad set and was wondering if i culd use 1 of the pads for the front
      Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
      1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by timebombprod View Post
        it does thankyou gonna take pics of disc to see what people think of condition, im gonna switch my lines to steel braided i think for better material and im getting a rear brake piston and pad set and was wondering if i culd use 1 of the pads for the front
        Make sure you get a digital caliper and measure the thickness of the rotors. That may be helpful to post along with the pics.
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        1982 GS1100GK

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AZARCACOIDILINKSMONVNMOKTXUTWYsm.jpg Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400, 2003 FJR1300

Comment

Working...
        X