82' GS650GL Front Master

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82' GS650GL Front Master

Hey, first post time just got my first GS finished up the carb and now onto the brakes, I was able to find a rear master rebuild kit no problem, however I'm having a hell of a time finding one for the front. I was wondering if anyone on here has either a link to where I can find a kit or had any experience with some of the "universal" ones found on eBay. Any help is appreciated.
    1983 GS650GL Not running when I bought it. runs great now
    Engine- Carb Cleaned, Valve Adj, Ignition Mod, balanced carbs, Polished/Painted engine, Exhaust wrapped
    Frame & Wheels painted, rebuild brakes/masters, Fixed Tach/Spedo, Sonic Springs in the Front, New handle bars w/bar end mirror/turn signals
    Still To-Do?
    Fuel sending unit, Fuel tank paint job?, LED headlight?, Seat falling apart, Solutions?, Changing look of the rear of bike, Seat, Brake/turn-signals

Get the OEM piston/cup set from your Suzuki dealer or favorite online part seller: partsoutlaw.com, babbittsonline.com, etc.

item 1 square MC model Z
    or
    item 1 round MC model X
    Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 04-15-2020, 08:21 PM.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I use an EX650 master cylinder. Plenty available on Ebay usually. You can pay $20-$40... Cheaper than rebuilding & you get an adjustable lever
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

What do you think about this one? I'm not sure if by universal you mean pattern. Pattern may be the only option for bikes this age. It says it would suit a GS650:

The master cylinder kit will fit all the models listed below. vs700g intruder.1986-1987.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        GSX400FX - very broken and in boxes; on its way to recovery after burning out a valve and being hidden away in my own garage for 28 years.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
        X