Report: Continental Trail Wing 2 tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Report: Continental Trail Wing 2 tires

Over the winter I put on a set of Continental Trail Wing 2 tires and man, the little 450 feels like a completely different machine! Got on the interstate yesterday and was able to comfortably hold 80 mph and it just glides along. As to cornering, again, whole 'nuther animal. Really can't say that they're stickier since I never push that hard anyway but the way to now feels inspires a lot of confidence.

One thing that's a bit concerning though is I can now lock my back tire when braking. That never happened before even with Kendas on it, my guess is because they're a harder compound. Also, it's easy to get a chirp out of them while downshifting to do engine braking.

After running Kendas, two different sets of Shinko and now these, I wish I'd have not cheapskated out before. I'm quite happy with the milage the the old ones gave me, the Shinko 705 in particular. We'll see how this set pans out.

The rear has a date code if 3115 so I hope to put in a lot of miles before August is over since my hair will fall out, I'll suffer from macular degeneration and my motorcycle will exode if I don't promptly change it by then.
    1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

I identify as a man but according to the label on a box of Stauffers Baked Lasagne I'm actually a family of four

Tubes, right?
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
      Tubes, right?
      Yes, Fee Waybill not included.
      1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
      1982 GS450txz (former bike)
      LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

I identify as a man but according to the label on a box of Stauffers Baked Lasagne I'm actually a family of four

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
        The rear has a date code if 3115 so I hope to put in a lot of miles before August is over since my hair will fall out, I'll suffer from macular degeneration and my motorcycle will exode if I don't promptly change it by then.
        Crashing and burning is the usual fate reserved for Darksiders. Just look at the thousands who perish every week.
        Running O-O-D tyres is a crime punishable by banishment.
        ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
        X