Front brake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front brake

i just replaced my front brake master cyclender with a chrome on my 83 gs1100e and now I'm having a hell of a time getting them to bulid pressure. I have been bleeding them with hand vacuum pump still no brake. There's no leaks in the system. This is my second one from a different company however still the same things. So is there a truck in getting them to bleed and build pressure to work

The first trick is to bench bleed the master cylinder. There's probably an air bubble in there that won't burp out with just the lever or by using a vacuum bleeder.

Remove the lever and cap, then place a rag around the banjo bolt to catch the fluid without dripping. Loosen the banjo bolt a turn.

Use a dowel or something that won't scratch the bore, and push the piston ALLLLLL the way in slowly. Don't go very fast or fluid will shoot out the bleed hole and go everywhere.

While holding it all the way in, snug up the banjo bolt to minimize the amount of air you suck in. Make sure there's some fluid still in the reservoir.

Repeat a few times.

You'll probably see that last bubble burp out the bleed hole on the first or second stroke.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

I’ve always had luck getting the master to clear with a vacuum pump (or by sucking on a hose attached at the caliper) but this is definitely the fall back position if it won’t clear.

What master did you get? Some of the Chinese stuff available on auction sites are not the best quality and have been know to have issues with piston lengths and seals etc. I assume you made sure to get the correct piston bore size (5/8” - 16mm)
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

You are so right got it off of ebay. Lol i can of felt that it was junk by the price 24 dollars with shipping. However I did get the left side to stop with the bubbles but the right want seen to stop after about 2 hours. I can't seem to find a chrome gs1100e master cyclender.

Comment

Thanks for the open help try and still nothing with the brake handle

Comment

Have no pressure on front brake. Pump and nothing comes out of calipers. But vacuum lot of air. Left get fluid but right nothing. What the problem

Comment

Removed front brake master cyclender and I'm not getting any fluid to come out. This is the second new chrone one still no pressure pushing fluid out. I bent tested it and it suck in but again no fluid come out once I remove my finger away from the hold

Comment

Forget about Chrome and buy an EX650 one is my suggestion.....
                1980 GS1000G - Sold
                1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Yes you right a stock may work but I have a petty nice looking GS candy red paint and candy red powder coated frame and lots of chrone. The bad thing is nobody here in Houston Texas works on old school bikes. All shops say the same thing it's to old

Comment

Working...
                  X