Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS100OG fork cap thread size

Another problem I would appreciate some help with the replacement fork legs

Just fitted a pair of Tarozzi stznchions to the lowers but when I go to fit the caps they are too small thread, looks like new forks are 32.0mm diameter and caps are 30mm

Anyone know which is right, and more importantly if any GS uses 32.0mm fork caps with air valves on them

Thanks Nick

Your original forks and your replacements are 37mm diameter.
    However, Zuk fitted manual adjusters or air adjusters to different bikes in different markets; sometimes, frustratingly the same bikes in different markets.
    In point, my 850s both had manual adjusters, but afaik, the US market ones had air caps.
    Tarozzi may have supplied you with the other type, depending on what you started with.

When I fitted a set of GS1000 forks to one, the manual adjusters were the wrong thread. Same size, different pitch. It was bloody annoying. I ended up going with the air caps and eventually sealed them off and ran some crude-but-effective manual pre-load instead of the air.
    The air system is great, when it works, but it's a pain in the arse to get it leak-free.
    ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

The issue is the size of the cap in terms of thread. They are not 30.0mm thread size so no idea what size cap is needed. Did suzuki fit other thread size caps? Need to know if there were other sizes and what has a bigger size fitted so can look for them to buy

Thanks Nick

Comment

You'll have to get a simple thread gauge set and measure the thread pitch.

Then measure the minor diameter of the thread inside the top of the tubes.
        That will give you a starting point.
        ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
        X