• Required reading for all forum users!!!

    Welcome!
    Register to access the full functionality of the GSResources forum. Until you register and activate your account you will not have full forum access, nor will you be able to post or reply to messages.

    A note to new registrants...
    All new forum registrations must be activated via email before you have full access to the forum.

    A Special Note about Email accounts!
    DO NOT SIGN UP USING hotmail, outlook, gmx, sbcglobal, att, bellsouth or email.com. They delete our forum signup emails.

    A note to old forum members...
    I receive numerous requests from people who can no longer log in because their accounts were deleted. As mentioned in the forum FAQ, user accounts are deleted if you haven't logged in for the past 6 months. If you can't log in, then create a new forum account. If you don't get an error message, then check your email account for an activation message. If you get a message stating that the email address is already in use, then your account still exists so follow the instructions in the forum FAQ for resetting your password.

    Have you forgotten your password or have a new email address? Then read the forum FAQ for details on how to reset it.

    Any email requests for "can't log in anymore" problems or "lost my password" problems will be deleted. Read the forum FAQ and follow the instructions there - that's what we have one for...

  • Returning Visitors

    If you are a returning visitor who never received your confirmation email, then odds are your email provider is blockinig emails from our server. The only thing that can be done to get around this is you will have to try creating another forum account using an email address from another domain.

    If you are a returning visitor to the forum and can't log in using your old forum name and password but used to be able to then chances are your account is deleted. Purges of the databases are done regularly. You will have to create a new forum account and you should be all set.

Recent content by Rob S.

  1. Rob S.

    New bike in the garage

    In the 'Good Ole USA,' at least, I think the 1100 is much rarer than the 1000. In fact, I can't recall ever seeing one. When I visited Billy Joel's Motorcycle 'Museum' (a storefront on Long Island where his collection was stored and maintained, obviously a tax maneuver), he's got a 1000 Kat, but...
  2. Rob S.

    Page can not be found.... pretty regularly

    Ditto, except it's this week and today.
  3. Rob S.

    Just spotted at The Tail of the Dragon

    Looked good because it resembled CB1100. And the bulky XS11 had a shaft. And you know how I feel about shafts. I get a kick out of reading old Yamaha ads that say, "And the best part, it has shaft drive." That is so laughable to me. Sorry, Mr. Y. If it has a shaft drive and it's not a V-Max, I...
  4. Rob S.

    Tuner Cleaner

    Help! The robots are attacking!
  5. Rob S.

    Thoughts about the website in general

    I'm sure the messages could be hacked. Would they be hacked? That's a different question
  6. Rob S.

    Pic of the week game

    Trevor and his dirt road.
  7. Rob S.

    Clutch Rod Removal on a 1980 GS450L

    Do you have a service manual?
  8. Rob S.

    What Happens to Motorcycle Tires After They Reach the End of Their Service Life?

    My thoughts exactly. Haven't those computers got anything better to do with their time? Aren't they supposed to be destroying the world?
  9. Rob S.

    Page can not be found.... pretty regularly

    The answer seems obvious to an old 1970's stoner - both. The blue will take the edge off the red.
  10. Rob S.

    Page can not be found.... pretty regularly

    Several thou 'guests' interested in reading about a certain brand and type of MC from half a century ago? I don't buy it. Not when there's only a handful of us 'real' people around. Obviously, we've been overrun by...ghosts, spectres. Wait...maybe they're real and we're not.
  11. Rob S.

    Page can not be found.... pretty regularly

    See that? Fixed already! Thank you, Georgie. 😉
  12. Rob S.

    Page can not be found.... pretty regularly

    Guys, the man who runs the internet lives near me in Queens, NY. His name is George Santos; I'll give him a call. (That other guy from Queens doesn't return my calls.)
  13. Rob S.

    Page can not be found.... pretty regularly

    Just successfully got on for the first time in 36 hours.
  14. Rob S.

    e-bike commuting

    I just watched the season opener of South Park, I mean South America. I understand everything now.
  15. Rob S.

    Tracing Down a Vacuum Leak

    How about just a zip tie from the back of the carbs up to the frame? I've always considered doing this even though the weight of my pods and carbs has never caused a problem.
Back
Top