• Required reading for all forum users!!!

    Welcome!
    Register to access the full functionality of the GSResources forum. Until you register and activate your account you will not have full forum access, nor will you be able to post or reply to messages.

    A note to new registrants...
    All new forum registrations must be activated via email before you have full access to the forum.

    A Special Note about Email accounts!
    DO NOT SIGN UP USING hotmail, outlook, gmx, sbcglobal, att, bellsouth or email.com. They delete our forum signup emails.

    A note to old forum members...
    I receive numerous requests from people who can no longer log in because their accounts were deleted. As mentioned in the forum FAQ, user accounts are deleted if you haven't logged in for the past 6 months. If you can't log in, then create a new forum account. If you don't get an error message, then check your email account for an activation message. If you get a message stating that the email address is already in use, then your account still exists so follow the instructions in the forum FAQ for resetting your password.

    Have you forgotten your password or have a new email address? Then read the forum FAQ for details on how to reset it.

    Any email requests for "can't log in anymore" problems or "lost my password" problems will be deleted. Read the forum FAQ and follow the instructions there - that's what we have one for...

  • Returning Visitors

    If you are a returning visitor who never received your confirmation email, then odds are your email provider is blockinig emails from our server. The only thing that can be done to get around this is you will have to try creating another forum account using an email address from another domain.

    If you are a returning visitor to the forum and can't log in using your old forum name and password but used to be able to then chances are your account is deleted. Purges of the databases are done regularly. You will have to create a new forum account and you should be all set.

Recent content by salty_monk

  1. salty_monk

    Page can not be found.... pretty regularly

    Ai is still more often wrong than not in my experience although you can follow some of it's sources to get some good info..... I rarely seem to have had this issue (from California or from when I was in Europe earlier this year).
  2. salty_monk

    Anyone have a source that rebuilds CDI units?

    I think Ignitech might have one at least they list the DR on this: https://ignitech.cz/cz/vyrobky/dccdi/
  3. salty_monk

    Thoughts about the website in general

    I tried that age on hold thing.... eventually it starts to let itself be known! :D
  4. salty_monk

    Thoughts about the website in general

    Good between the two of us we can bring the average forum age DOWN to 102 ;) haha
  5. salty_monk

    Thoughts about the website in general

    I feel like closing shop would definitely hasten the demise of the site.... We really need for outside people to realise (and value) it's worth over the likes of Facebook for any continued membership.... to be honest I feel like I've been one of the "young guys" here for 20 years (and now I'm...
  6. salty_monk

    GS850G luggage and rear rack - wanted

    Yes from memory I did something outside & inside but I don't remember what. I'd be tempted to try some thin surfboard cloth with epoxy. Greenlight is a good source but you can even get it on Amazon these days https://greenlightsurfsupply.com/
  7. salty_monk

    GS850G luggage and rear rack - wanted

    I remember having to do some kind of repair to the plastic hooks on mine (or maybe I reinforced it pre-empting), It's definitely a thing. Glad you found a set! :)
  8. salty_monk

    GS850G luggage and rear rack - wanted

    I had the Krauser luggage on my 1000G - it worked great if you can find it! Good luck :)
  9. salty_monk

    Tinting Caswell Tank Liner.

    The POR 15 stuff is silver if that helps. I'm not sure I'd be adding anything into it, you might mess with the gas resistance, unless maybe you can find some stainless steel flake or something, I wouldn't add Aluminum as you could get some weird electrolysis stuff going on.....
  10. salty_monk

    [GS750T] - Suzy is Fixed!

    Congrats... now get out and ride her!! :)
  11. salty_monk

    1978 Suzuki GS1000 F/B $2400 Hudson WI

    Seller's description 1978 Suzuki GS-1000 (Chain Drive) First year early production VIN bikeClean Title Has been a static display last 20 years Low mileage 8932Frame and engine paint is like new Never been laid down Gas tank has a few minor scratchesT ank is decent inside some light rust...
  12. salty_monk

    Chrome front mudguard - to spray ?

    I've used it for what you're trying to do on an old car bumper.... It looked better than the rust but not good up close. I've always color coded the mudguard when the chrome was shot.... Underneath I've used the truck bed stuff & I've also used some leftover POR15 tank sealer, that worked good...
  13. salty_monk

    NEW SHOP

    That would be the case here in my city, your permit would be “grandfathered” in unless they show you did something wrong during its application or didn’t build it quickly enough that a re-application was required.
  14. salty_monk

    recommended needle shim modification?

    Weird... maybe those carbs are from another model bike entirely! There's no other logical reason for them to be that much lower than listed stock. If so some of the other parts in the carbs could also be different, Emulsion tubes, air correctors etc. It's not that difficult to try some...
  15. salty_monk

    Front End Conversion

    From memory there was a Honda one that would help. The 1100 GSXR forks are longer as stock though & generally the preferred choice :) Lots of old threads on this subject if you dig around. Posplayr 1100 build would likely be of interest among others. :)
Back
Top