Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What colour is it?

Hello

Does anybody out there know the correct colour description and code for my bike?.

It is a metallic silver 1981 GS1000G with blue and gold tape set. Some idiot opened his car door on me and wrecked the front end, including my recently purchased never before used tank!.

I am currently rebuilding, again!!, and I am trying to match up the paint colour for the tank and side covers.

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers

Bad news about your bike. At least you are OK and will be back on it soon.

I too am looking for paint codes for my 1979 GS1000S and have found the Alpha-Sports site has some poor quality scanned images of paint guides. You may be able to read the scanned image of the color chart for your bike here.

Hope this helps.

Ian

Comment

Cycle color claims they can match what you have.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Stardust Silver Metalic 737

I am seeking help from Cycle Color as sugested by Steve...

In the mean time, did you have any luck with the paint code for your silver bike?

Comment

re: stardust silver metallic code

what year and what model?

De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

I have an 80 gs1100e

Thanks

Comment

SHould be able to take the tank to any competent auto paint store and have the paint computer matched

Comment

When i got my bike in 91' it was in pretty poor shape. I rebuilt but had the bike painted white.

I never had the original silver. i did, however, have some plastics that you could see the factory blue under the bad paint job.

The blue must've come from an 81 750 (??). I tried buying oem plastics with the original paint so i could match the color but they don't come painted anymore. long story short... i don't have anything with the original color and i never saw it in person so i'm having a hard time picking the right silver.

Comment

i've tried two auto paint shops that are suppose to be pretty good but they haven't been able to help.

i've also bought replica decals from Vintage Decals. They're three strips with three different color blues.

i'll probably have to pick a color i like... not to nostalgic...

Comment

Working...
                  X