Motorcyclecarbs.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorcyclecarbs.com

Am I the only one who has had bad luck with motorcyclecarbs.com, or do they really suck as bad as they appear to? No response to emails, no phone number available, quick processing of credit card but no shipping of order, etc. Is this some sort of one-man garden shed operation or what? Maybe that esoteric and exotic Honda Rebel carb gasket I ordered threw them for a loop, but this is ridiculously lousy customer service for a company to offer, especially in these bleak economic times.

Is that the same old Ebay George rip off dude?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Is that the same old Ebay George rip off dude?
      Tom, I think you are talking about http://www.wgcarbs.com/

The OP is talking about a different outfit, they are in GA. I believe wired george is still in TX.

Comment

George is still in Texas..and hes a good dude to deal with..just takes a bit long to get your stuff back. But now that i have found the forum, got taken under Rustybroncos arm, gotten some experience and confidence built up i can pretty much deal with them myself. Now Honda or other makes may be a bit different but i am sure thers someone around here that knows these as well. I dont think George is a RIP OFF dude so to speak..he does carbs exclusively for a living and from my personal live chats with him he has a few guys that work for him, has to buy parts to stock for himself as well,has to deal with the shipping, cleaning and dipping, etc etc..so is what he charges "fair"? Whose to say... that is a matter of personal opinion i guess. I know that doing them yourself will probably cost you about 100.00 in parts or less and afew days of soaking...just sayin...
        Last edited by chuck hahn; 07-21-2010, 10:37 AM.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

This isn't a complaint about George from Texas, the guy who operates (I use the term loosely) Motorcyclecarbs.com is Rob Reil from Georgia. His website claims he disconnected his phone so he could offer better customer service through emails instead of answering the phone all the time, but it seems he probably just got tired of dealing with irate customers he screwed over. Besides, he doesn't respond to emails anyway. From what I've heard, his operation isn't a company like he represents, but rather a one-man kitchen table enterprise, and he apparently has a whole bucket of excuses as to why he doesn't respond to inquiries or ship out parts in anything resembling a reasonable period of time. He sure charges your credit card quickly, though.

I'm in the process of initiating a complaint against him through the credit card company, who says they will merely reverse the charges on him. It's a violation of Federal law to charge a credit card and not ship the merchandise or provide the service within a reasonable time period. My advice, if you choose to use this guy for anything, is to pay via a credit card that will back you up when he (inevitably) fails to ship your parts or provide the services he promises.

Comment

There is lots of info on here about wired George for anyone looking to use his services. I would check it out before doing anything with him.

No experience of this company though. Hope you get it sorted out.
            1980 GS1000G - Sold
            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Wonderful I guess I will be waiting for a while for the jets I ordered if I get them at all.
              Have people actually recieved what they ordered from this place?

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
                Wonderful I guess I will be waiting for a while for the jets I ordered if I get them at all.
                Have people actually recieved what they ordered from this place?
                I did. I ordered 125 pilot air jets for my 1150 carbs and got them.
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                  I did. I ordered 125 pilot air jets for my 1150 carbs and got them.
                  good, ok, thanks. How long did it take?
                  I should have asked you if you would sell the #50 pilots before I ordered from this place.
                  Last edited by Guest; 07-27-2010, 10:18 PM.

Comment

good, ok, thanks. How long did it take?
                    I should have asked you if you would sell the #50 pilots before I ordered from this place.
                    It took a couple of weeks but they aren't a stocked jet.
                    50s are yours if you want them but I think they are too big.
                    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

It took a couple of weeks but they aren't a stocked jet.
                      50s are yours if you want them but I think they are too big.
                      IDK, mine are 34mm carbs. I have 47.5's with a 120 pilot air jet just to make it rideable. Not really optimal yet. Needs a bit more fuel on the pilot and needle I think, but I am guessing. I really want to get a wide band O2 sensor, instead of this trial and error crap.

Comment

Something is wrong with the 120 pilot air jet. Too small. Wonder what the real problem is?

Comment

Something is wrong with the 120 pilot air jet. Too small. Wonder what the real problem is?
                          I dont know, but the engine is coming totally apart for the 1170 kit soon, cases will be split as well (for the last time hopefully). And the rejetting will resume The cam timing will be double checked. I might have to take the carb rack apart and redip them. I am at sea level here. Did you ever run your web cams with the 34mm carbs?

Comment

I dont know, but the engine is coming totally apart for the 1170 kit soon, cases will be split as well (for the last time hopefully). And the rejetting will resume The cam timing will be double checked. I might have to take the carb rack apart and redip them. I am at sea level here. Did you ever run your web cams with the 34mm carbs?
                            Yes
                            DJ138 main
                            47.5 pilot jet
                            170 pilot air jet

Comment

Yes
                              DJ138 main
                              47.5 pilot jet
                              170 pilot air jet
                              What was your needle at? do you remember?

Comment

Working...
                              X