No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you sure those calipers will work with the Salty Monk upgrade?

1978 GS1000C
    1979 GS1000E
    1980 GS1000E
    2004 Roadstar

Comment

So THIS is why we haven't seen that wicked 1135 roll out yet??? I'm... just... ugh ! ! !
      '83 GS 1100T
      The Jet

sigpic
      '95 GSXR 750w
      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Finished assembly and fired up today.
        At first, nothing.
        Checked carbs for fuel, ok.
        Checked plugs for sparks, NOT ok.
        Fifteen minutes of troubleshooting later, found a blade connector by the coils that had come off.
        Reinserted: ignition! Yay!! (pats self on back)

She ran a little erratic, but I didn't have much time so I left it at that for today.
        I'm sure I will get the plate on thursday, as I've fixed the three points they nixed.

Here she is just before oil and gas went in:

Comment

The green frame is so oddly appealing! That and the naked fairies sitting on the seat.

Originally posted by Hovmod View Post
          Finished assembly and fired up today.
          At first, nothing.
          Checked carbs for fuel, ok.
          Checked plugs for sparks, NOT ok.
          Fifteen minutes of troubleshooting later, found a blade connector by the coils that had come off.
          Reinserted: ignition! Yay!! (pats self on back)

She ran a little erratic, but I didn't have much time so I left it at that for today.
          I'm sure I will get the plate on thursday, as I've fixed the three points they nixed.

Here she is just before oil and gas went in:

Comment

Naked fairies. Lol!

Comment

Oh, and just so you don't think I'm a complete slob: that's a brand new "golden" o-ring chain, not an old ruster.

Comment

Did some little stuff finally tonight... was nice to actually do something for a change

Put the missing rubber end caps in the grab rail/carry rack.

Replaced the dipstick O ring as it's been weeping just a little for a while now.

Emptied the breather catch tank as I could see fluid through the site glass, but only a very small quantity in there.

And I started working on removing the oil seal from the Ducati's left case cover which needs to be replaced. Being very stubborn so far...
                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool
                  Riding lawn mower, mine died a couple weeks ago, and grass was getting lion tall.... but there was no way I was sinking another dime into that piece of crap, everything was worn from the front end to the deck, **** poor design actually, it was a huskey, but, my neighbor had one that was given to him a few years ago, that belonged to the neighbor across the street, this thing was being passed around from yard ornament to yard ornament, I looked it over, physical condition was over all good, carb was gunked up..kem dip.... cut all the bailing wire off that was holding it together, bolted it back properly, dis-assembled the deck, both blade drives were froze, flat tires, belts shot...started at 8:00a.m. this morning, just finished here at 5:30p.m., damn near non stop, it not looks and cuts like a new mower now tomorrow I've got to shoot the lions and cut 3 acres of grass which more resembles a hay field
                  I would just get a local farmer to come in and cut it for hay first, 3 acres is worth the effort, he takes the bales, then go at it with a mower later.

Comment

Haven't been doing too much lately with motorcycles, but helping best friend get his 1928 Ford model A going. Been sitting for at least 40 years untouched. Tore carb, apart and taken off gas tank for cleaning right now. Sorry know this doesn't belong here, but it is such fun has to share. terrylee

Comment

Scraped the old hardened gaskets off the cylinders on Stan's GK. Scraping old gaskets from the cylinder head and block is this evenings project.
                      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by terrylee View Post
                        Haven't been doing too much lately with motorcycles, but helping best friend get his 1928 Ford model A going. Been sitting for at least 40 years untouched. Tore carb, apart and taken off gas tank for cleaning right now. Sorry know this doesn't belong here, but it is such fun has to share. terrylee
                        Most definitely belongs somewhere in GSR, and demands its own thread with lots of PICTURES!
                        sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool
                          Riding lawn mower, mine died a couple weeks ago, and grass was getting lion tall.... but there was no way I was sinking another dime into that piece of crap, .... damn near non stop, it not looks and cuts like a new mower now tomorrow I've got to shoot the lions and cut 3 acres of grass which more resembles a hay field:eek:
                          My 22 yo Lawn Boy finally died when I put a bit of carb cleaner in the gas. Removed the carb and cleaned it, poorly. Jet is still completely plugged. Governor needs lots more cleaning.

Went looking for an old push mower and found that there are many available, so many people have been using riders for so long. Eventually found about a 30 yo Lawn Boy, $25. Started on first pull the first time. After that, I needed to turn on the gas and let it sit for 6 hours. Decided that the primer bulb might be the problem. $4 replacement part, and it now works fine.

Still need to go through the other one again, thoroughly.

How can you have yard like a hay field? I haven't mowed since early June, and my grass is only about 4" tall. Not enough rain. Ohio must be getting lots more rain than central Indiana!
                          sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Hey Terrylee...yes need some pics. Sure beets working on GS's anytime. Or lawn mowers...
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Hm...
                              Well, I guess I can begin with the good news: The Green Skunk passed the test; I have a valid license plate. Yay!

Bad news? Yeah...
                              Stalled mercilessly after a spectacular barrage of backfires.
                              I'm going back in tonight to remount the V&H 4-1 and my bar-ends...
                              Hopefully the 4-1 fixes things, but there might be a bit of carb setup and sync and such to be done before I can declare the season officially opened.

Comment

Nothing...but my legs and rear end are sore from yesterdays marathon session on the 73 Yamaha TX 750!!! Got it on its first ride in over 24 years last evening. See my TX 750 lives thread in the off topic section.
                                MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                                1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                                X