No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today was some more TX 750 tweeking. Got the valves adjusted per the service manuals specs, changed the oil, readjusted the cam chain tensioner according to the manual. She starts easier and is a lot quieter up top now.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Nothing...

Although I did box up a speedo and UPS it Chuck.
      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

I will keep an eye out for it Dale..cant wait to have you down here ( or me up there ) and have you ride this TX. Youll like it I think.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Awesome, take the offer. I would love a ride on a TX; got a bad rap for early issues, but a twin always holds a special place for me, especially since I really liked my XS650E. If my wife had not been so scared of bikes I might still own it today.

Comment

Adjusted Uly's clutch. Also bought drag bars, headlight mounts and gaiters for the other 450 project. Ordered cam tensioner rebuild parts from my local Suzuki dealership and bar end mirrors on the way from Hong Kong.

Comment

A little work on a 116H John Deere:

Needed to repair a leaking fuel line from the tank to the fuel pump, replace the trans cooling fan, and main drive belt.

Pressure washer and a little paint, while I'm in there.

Comment

Put floorboards on the wife's Shadow last night. It was a lot easier than I expected. And she is so much happier with them. The pegs were a bit far out for her legs, so she got fatigued very quickly riding. Now maybe we can go for some longer rides.

Comment

Replaced brake pads and installed steel braided brake cable on the 550

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                    Awesome, take the offer. I would love a ride on a TX; got a bad rap for early issues, but a twin always holds a special place for me, especially since I really liked my XS650E. If my wife had not been so scared of bikes I might still own it today.
                    Make a trip out to the westside and try out the GR. Better ride now that the brakes actually work.

Comment

Doing swingarm and steering bearings today,saturday some body n paint work.Love workin on my bike.

Comment

Installed new organic brakepads on my new-to-me ZZR 1200. Now I literally feel like I could do a "stoppie" with one finger. I took the bike up to my favorite photo background wall in Truchas, NM (40 miles each way) to seat them. My favorite and MOST COMFORTABLE ride is actually my GS1000G, but switching back and forth from modern to vintage so often is sometimes weird. If I grabbed a handful of brakes the way I often need to do on the GS, I think I would find out if I am a good stunt rider or not. Here's the pic:

Comment

Nice bike Doby

I just rebuilt my rear caliper and master cylinder.
                          Going to start on the front tomorrow. Might do the forks but not sure yet.

Comment

Second service is due on the 450 which I'll be doing tomorrow so I drained the oil when I got home this avo while it was still nice and hot.

New clutch cable to go in, valve breather cover gasket to replace, valve clearance check, new filter, check the plugs, and check the battery.

I'm trying the Shell Advance SX oil this time around to compare it with the Castrol GTX 15w40 diesel oil I've been using.

Also have a Shindengen 530-12K R/R from a Kawasaki to go in as my cheapy Taiwanese R/R appears to have given up the ghost this week. Was $US16 shipped to my door... I reckon I did well to get 8 months out of it
                            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Bike got some bling...

Correct emblem covers, compliments of Vmass. --thanks, Rich. they look great with the Yosh!--

And, a neighbor and very skilled smith offered to fix a dimpled chrome airbox cover using his English wheel.

'80 GS1000ST
                              '92 ZX-11
                              Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

Dave,
                                Are you building a trike out of your GS?
                                Niels

Comment

Working...
                                X