Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally!

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
    Finally ( after 2 years owning the bike)_ got new tires on the skunk. Now i can actually take itfor its first ride!!!
    What took you so long Chuck?

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I cleaned up the oil from the 550 and rebuilt the carb on the 49cc minibike.

Next is to disassemble, clean and dip the BSW30SS's and maybe start getting into the valvetrain to check valve lash.

Comment

Ed..never had the money to get the new tires, and I had other bikes with good rubber so that bike was put on the back burner. I am gonna come home today at lunch and ride it back to work though. Should be a fun day ( afternoon anyway ).
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Put about 20 miles on the skunk today. It was a fun ride. Runs awesome and pulls like a train..such a smooth ride too. Got quite a few looks from folks too. Bet they all thought Suzuki started making a retro bike again....LOL
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I flipped the front sprocket the right way around, but it didn't solve my clearance issues. Guess I need a good 530 kit now.

Comment

Griff...

The weather getting better. Hope you get the kinks out of your bike. I'll be rolling around Amelia County today.

Comment

Not wrenching today...but cleaning. Rained ALL day here so I spent the afternoon in my garage cleaning, polishing and waxing.

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  Not wrenching today...but cleaning. Rained ALL day here so I spent the afternoon in my garage cleaning, polishing and waxing.

There's a truck arriving at your place in the morning. Make sure you're home !
                  Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                  Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                    There's a truck arriving at your place in the morning. Make sure you're home !
                    Lol...get your azz over here Garth!
                    No signature

Comment

Love your work Trevor! My 450 hasn't been washed for a couple of months and shows it... disgusting! I thought about it before our big ride yesterday but it was showering during the week so I didn't bother. Glad I didn't because it showered on us again yesterday... gotta do it soon though!

As for wrenching... I swapped out the temporary 10 amp fuse I stuck in to get me out of trouble yesterday and put a 15 amp back in, and stashed another 3 15 amp spares in my tool bag.

Ascending a steep hill by myself after departing the group on Saturday the 450 started misfiring and backfiring and the Acewell dash was flickering on and off. I had no idea what was going on and I had two options... try to make it the short distance up the hill and roll down the other side towards home or roll back the way I had come away from home.

I ended up letting her sit for a bit thinking it may be heat related and then she roared to life and got me all of 100 metres further up the hill before doing the same and then I lost everything... no dash lights or anything. I figured the issue had caused the main fuse to blow and I realised I had neglected to put any spare fuses in my tool bag

Fortunately I still had the 10 amp fuse for the aux power socket I removed so that was enough to get me going and I just left the headlight off to make sure I didn't blow it.

When I pulled the main fuse out, the plastic part came out leaving the guts of the fuse behind, and that was my issue all along... the fuse was fried but not blown!

Replacing it seems to have solved a weird charging issue I've had of late too, so I guess it's been a bit dodgy for at least two to three weeks...

Here's the culprit:

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

'05 F30SD that kept blowing #17 fuse in the central junction box. Found the reason for the blown fuse, a shorted rear side marker on the rear fender. Also found the resultant damage caused from the short.

Need to pull the instrument panel to repair the melted dash wiring loom.
                        De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Got some new shoes for the Trophy...

Removed the wheels to get the rubber swapped...

Also cleaned up the forks, replaced a missing panel under the fairing and put on some new grips...
                          Last edited by Baatfam; 03-10-2014, 07:00 AM.
                          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Little spring touch ups

Since the skunk has new tires and shes out of mothballs, she was due for a freshening of the shine and some Wizards Power Seal. I got out the Buschs Super Shine aluminum polish and some Tshirt rags and went to town. All pretty again and metal is sealed.

Comment

Looking good Chuck! Mine could do with a bit of that...

Seems I jumped the gun considering my charging issue sorted... to work and back today it was good with the headlight off but under charging with the headlight on... time to pull the light switch apart and give it some contact cleaner and see what that does.

I would've done that tonight except I had to replace my indicator relay... stopped working 3/4 of the way to work this morning so it was hand signal time... it's really hard to indicate right while braking and blipping the throttle during downshifting

Anyway, the only relay I could get in a hurry this avo' on the way home was a 3 pin auto one, so I had to remove the two pins from the plastic connector and improvise some insulation with some heat shrink.

An extra ground wire and a new bracket and all back working again:

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Started sand blasting these GPZ rims for one GS project and started to clean up these old Yoshi pistons for another GS project.

Comment

Working...
                                X