AirHawk Cushions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AirHawk Cushions

I have a 1979 gs1000N with the flat seat. Has anyone tried the airhawk cushions and which model. It looks like 2 might fit. The cruiser seat pad small and the DS seat pad S thanks20180526_140117.jpg

Why is your motorcycle out in the rain? For just $19 a month, we can provide oil and shelter for bikes like this. But please hurry - time is running out.

Sorry your seat isn't comfy, but that's no reason to punish the bike.

Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Motorcycles.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I've heard good things about their cushions, but I've never had a bike with one.
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

Just my opinion, but the GS 1000e seat is one of the best seats in motorcycle history. A air hawk seat won't do it any better. But by all means give it a try and report back to us and let us know what you think. 👍
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Um I was riding and got caught in the rain. replaced the original foam but as I age it is causing me grief so I want to try a bit more padding.
          Last edited by Guest; 05-11-2019, 09:25 PM.

Comment

the praying mantis position now is giving me pain. I replaced the foam but need a bit more padding.

Comment

Originally posted by alaus24 View Post
              Um I was riding and got caught in the rain.
              How strange. I don't think that has happened before. LMAO
              Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                How strange. I don't think that has happened before. LMAO
                When it happens to me (I mean if it ever were to), I'd take the advice of my married friends: deny, deny, deny.

Actually, first clean everything up with a towel, then deny.
                Last edited by Rob S.; 05-11-2019, 10:11 PM.
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Deb and I use Airhawk cushions for long trips and extended touring . I think ours ( x 2) were for a Harley . There's heaps of different sizes .
                  Good for the bum and tail bone .
                  It takes a bit to get the pressure right . We tended to over inflate at first .
                  We start the day without them and as we get a bit sore , put the cushions on .
                  We like them .

Cheers , Simon .
                  Last edited by simon kuether; 05-12-2019, 01:59 AM.
                  http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...esMapSimon.jpg

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

Get the one with the cut-out for your ghoolies.... that's my advice. Works better on my KLR than the SKunk. You should be able to feel the seat through it, it basically helps take some pressure off by filling in the gaps around your sit bones & up the side of your legs.

When you first inflate it you will for sure put too much air in... it needs to be quite flacid.
                    1980 GS1000G - Sold
                    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
                    X