Colder Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colder Weather

And just like that, I can now ride in colder weather.
    Attached Files
    Current Bikes:
    2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

What is it, where’d you get it, and how much? Been thinking about a wind screen for a while now.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Yah, take the wind blast of your chest and head. So dont have as much air infiltration into your jacket and helmet.

Hey, you have had a GK, so dont need to imagine what it would be like if took the windblast off your hands and arms and knees too.
      http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
      Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

I don't know what Dave put on his bike, but one that I have used was the National Cycle Street Shield EX.
        It's large enough to push some air out of the way, but small enough to not overpower the looks.

Click on the link in my signature for my son's (former) 650L, you can see how it looks.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Mine is a National Cycle and I don't really remember the model name. It just mounts to the handlebars and it's thick enough that it won't bounce around. Fits nicely between the bars and the gauges. I bought it the first time I owned this bike and forgot to give it to the guy I sold the bike to. So when I bought the bike back I still had it. Makes a HUGE difference in colder weather since the stock shield is about the size of a big toenail.
          Current Bikes:

Comment

Every year, about this time, more people discover the delights of some proper weather protection.
            ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Wind protection... ?

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman
                So your new windshield is turning with the bars and lower oem windshield is stationary. Any disorientation with that? I have the Yamaha Touring screen which is marginally better than the shorter OEM which I prefer in the summer. It's about time to change it over.

Cold wind to the helmet area is a problem but with a full coverage helmet and velcro closed neck insulator the bigger problem is usually my left hand getting cold. The Touring screen helps to push the flow away but not totally. Electric gloves would help. Have been moving towards LED lighting to help free up enough juice.

How good are you at remembering to shut your turn signal off. The Gen 1 dash indicators are well below the peripheral vision of a full face with chin bar. I just installed an LED indicator above the instruments, .............. why I waited 18 years is beyond me.
                I have the little stock screen so don’t even come close tolooking through. So, nope, no disorientation. I use to have the Yamaha touringscreen and liked it ok, but decided to go back to the stock screen because itprovided the smoothest airflow around my helmet.
                I do sometimes forget to turn off the signals. I would liketo see how you installed the indicator above the instruments.
                Current Bikes:

Comment

Originally posted by Wingsconsin View Post
                  Wind protection... ?

Oh quitcher bragging...
                  Current Bikes:

Comment

Handlebar gauntlets are my primary cold-weather defense. A good dickie also helps a lot too. (It's not cold enough yet, thank heaven.)
                    Mark Fisher
                    sigpic

Comment

My choice today ...Ride or scrap windows ?

With proper wind protection and good electric heated gear the 29 degrees this morning was quite nice.
                      Only 15 miles ride - but still fun

Comment

Working...
                      X