Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all..............from Essex....

Hi all.........my name is Rik....

looking forward to gleening and hopefully helping out where possible.

my new/old steed......

gs1

gs2

Hi Rik and welcome. Nice looking machine. Same colour scheme as my 850.
    This is where a lot of info is http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/
    97 R1100R
    Previous
    80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Welcome Rik, looks like a nice clean bike you have there. I like the MIcron fork brace.
      The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

welcome to the forum Rik,quite afew of us brits on here now,a great site with loads of info and willing members.

Comment

Welcome! Beautiful bike.

cg
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

ohhhhhhhh..........chromed side stand...VERY nice looking bike. You European's get such nice paint schemes. Welcome to the sight. Sure would like to hear a sound clip of that Motad exhaust.
            Rob
            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Thanks all for the welcome.......

great link to cliffs reference page....just bookmarked it.....azr....you wouldnt have Wanted to hear the exhaust this afternoon, it was like a bit of swiss cheese.....i was going to scrap it and splash out on a black marving.....but a young lad at work has just used it as a welding excercise......and made a grand job...looking forward to exchanging knowledge and chit chat with you all.....

Comment

Welcome to great site! Very nice looking bike! Just follow the link Brendan W posted and should be good to go.

Comment

Beautiful machine Rikkd and welcome to the site. Is it me or does it seem like the Euro bikes got all the cool paint schemes? :O)

Mike
                  sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
                  1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

Thanks terry...thanks mike.....

Comment

Essex County

Hey Rik, nice bike! Definitely like the paint scheme.

I lived in Braintree during the early 90s. One of the towns I party'd in was Colchester. Beautiful area for riding.

Ed
                      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

you right Ed.......there are some lovely roads and villages around there.........

Finchingfield is still popular.............

but feel you may have less cramped roads over there..........I'm jealous.

Comment

Memories

Yes! Finchingfield!!!

I was stationed at RAF Wethersfield in 1989 and I remember how quaint this village was/is. Who can forget a town called Steeple Bumstead? It would be challenging to ride there not seeing what's coming around the bend.

Thanks for giving me that quick run down memory lane.

Ed
                          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Hey welcome to another Brit with a GS. We are growing in number all the time.

My intention is to one day have a UK GS Owners meet somewhere. Would be great to meet up. I was in Essex a few times recently. Firstly my Aunt lives there so I go and visit (it's about 1:15 to Billericay) and then I've been going over there as I had my crankshaft sorted out at Chris Applebee Engineering in Thundersley. And I bought my GS1100G Road Runner bike from a guy over there.

Keep in touch with the UK gang by joining the UK GS Facebook Owners Group - the link is in my signature.

Greetings

Richard
                            Richard
                            sigpic
                            GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
                            GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                            GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                            GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
                            Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
                            Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

nice to see a few UK GS owners on these boards! Are any of you SOC or VJMC members - never seems to be any activity over on their forums, and appeals for info seem to fall on deaf ears (or should that be non-tapping keyboards?). Hoping to get a bit of info for my own GS from here - its an ex-USA bike, so where better to ask?

nice bike, Rikkd - and a good investment for the future, perhaps?

(also, very rare to see a pre-1980 GS on the roads around West London nowadays ... somebody must be storing them away somewhere!)

Comment

Working...
                              X