new member with 3 project gs's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new member with 3 project gs's!

hello everyone my names ryan. i started riding fully about half a year ago my first bike was a 1986 kawasaki 454 ltd. but now im at the point were ive done just about everything i could to that bike and i love it but ive hit a wall. i cant do anything else with that bike its already stretched lowered engine work done retuned and aped.

so introducing my new bike. i initally bought a 77 gs750 to be my new bike. the kawasaki was limited to at the most 50hp was what i ever get and that invalled a ninja 500 swap. this bike starts at i belive 63hp and 2 more cylinders. well i paid 500$ to a friend and when he dropped off the title i see its not in his name. so i find out it was never in his name,same for the guy before him and the guy before him. hell the original owner even signed there name in the buyer part on the title and the bike hadnt been registered since 2008. so we make an agreement that hell give me back 250$ to buy a frame that way we bolth make out(he only paid $150). so i buy a titled frame for the bike. an 83 gs1100 hard tailed drag bike with a wheelie bar and a 99 katana 1100 front end for $175. on my way home from getting the frame my friend tells we he has a solution to get me the title instead of just merging the 2 bikes.

so now i have my 86 kawasaki that im selling
    my 77 gs750 that will end up becoming more of a sport bike/cafe racer build if he gets me a title
    and my 83 gs1100 that i will end up chopping off the back end and doing a better designed hardtail than whats on now.
    oh and i have another friends gs500 i belive it is that i have to put a harness on for him
    IMG_20160925_093736_187.jpg

IMG_20160808_143535_678.jpg this is my kawasaki

Comment

IMG_20160924_131250_085.jpgand this is the shell

Comment

Hey, welcome to the forum! Lots of smart guys here to help you along with your builds.
        No signature :(

Comment

If you cant build anything better than that butt ugly Kawasaki please walk away from motorcycles all together.
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

LOL I have those same blue channel locks!!!

Good luck on your builds...
            Jedz Moto
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2002 Honda Reflex 250
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120
            2023 Triumph Scrambler 1200XE
            Cages: '18 Subaru OB wagon 3.6R and '16 Mazda 3
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
              If you cant build anything better than that butt ugly Kawasaki please walk away from motorcycles all together.
              C'mon Chuck...tell us how you really feel.
              https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4442/...678005be58.jpg

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
              Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Duece, you beat me to it. That is exactly what I was going to write. Nice one.
                Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend, now for sale.

Comment

In the interest of one-upmanship, I have those blue channel locks in 2 sizes. So take that, Jedz.

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
                    In the interest of one-upmanship, I have those blue channel locks in 2 sizes. So take that, Jedz.
                    Hahahaha
                    Dude those blue Channels have saved my A$$ on more then one occasion!
                    I bet they have saved you twice as much!
                    Jedz Moto
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2002 Honda Reflex 250
                    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120
                    2023 Triumph Scrambler 1200XE
                    Cages: '18 Subaru OB wagon 3.6R and '16 Mazda 3
                    Originally posted by Hayabuser
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                      Duece, you beat me to it. That is exactly what I was going to write. Nice one.
                      Warped minds think alike, I guess.
                      https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4442/...678005be58.jpg

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                      Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

...so now i have my 86 kawasaki that im selling ...

I dont think it's nearly as bad as other(s) stated...Just needs a bunch of work. Itd probably be a cool bike for a chic to ride IMO (with seat cushion of some sort, maybe a trailer fender, bunch cosmetic stuff...).

my 77 gs750 that will end up becoming more of a sport bike/cafe racer build if he gets me a title ...
                        Sportbike Good, cafe build probably No Good ...Chopping/hacking the frame is frowned on around here (for good reason IMO)...This is your ONLY bike looks like (with the little one for sale) and you can get excellent, useful information on this forum. Probably should be able to get the title straightened out.

...and my 83 gs1100 that i will end up chopping off the back end and doing a better designed hardtail than whats on now. ...
                        It doesn't even have an engine and already wanting to hack it?
                        You're kinda fulfilling a "stereotype"...That looks like it has great potential. Why the heck would you want "hardtail" ??? Why not add some shocks (if possible) OR get another swingarm with shocks for it and restore it back (with the same tail portion it has/useless for street wheelie thing removed?, hack that if you want,No don't . sell it towards shocks is what I'd do myself.
                        ...oh and i have another friends gs500 i belive it is that i have to put a harness on for him ...
                        Should get plenty info/ study material here on that. Usually if it has a harness, the connections and ends of wiring need attention is all. From what I've seen/ others comments on it.
                        Anyway, I'm new myself but Welcome!

Comment

Hey if you guys don't like what I did with my Kawasaki to each his own. I bought that bike to be a learner/starter bike for me and it did very well both in teaching me how to ride and work on motorcycles. Plus the bikes made for someone that's 5'7 I'm over 6 foot. So selling it to a friend I have no problem with knowing I'm giving him a reliable bike. And it wasn't the 750 I want to chop it was the frame. I just don't like the way it was hardtailed as much as I want to go back to shocks its irreversible.

Comment

And BTW yes those channel locks are awesome. When I worked for Firestone they helped alot with alignments

Comment

Sadly the guy he bought his off of chopped the harness and lost a lot of it. I'm big into reliability so I had him buy a new unmolested harness

Comment

Working...
                              X