My first GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first GS

Hi, I just bought a GS650L from 1981. He (Or she?) needs Some TLC..... I will keep you updated on the progression. What’s to be done? Paintings, lights, handle bar, Sadle and lot’s of more!

FA7892CA-B872-4438-B749-E463144D23FD.jpg

greetings from HOLLAND!

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Welcome to TheGSR.

It seems you are not asking about maintenance work.
      In order to have any suggestions for what work to do on the bike, first tell us what function you expect this bike to preform.
      You want to ride it any distance, say an hour or so at a time....?
      You want to ride on curvey roads...? or just go a few blocks in town...?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Congratulations on your purchase.

When do you get the rest of the bike?

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

When do you get the rest of the bike?

hahahahahahahahaha!
          Current Bikes:
          2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Welcome to the site and good luck with it. Plenty of things to do or check.
            Current Bikes:
            2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

When do you get the rest of the bike? .
              You've got to remember, for Steve no bike is complete without a fairing (with lowers), windshield, saddle bags, trunk, passenger seat (with armrests), backrest, luggage rack, crash bars, highway bars, floor boards, adjustable air suspension, GPS, intercom, CB radio, music system, tank bag, cruise control...

Steve, help me out. What am I forgetting? Ah, yes - a loofah! Never leave home without one.

And for the purists, all this should be pulled by a single-cylinder 125cc engine. Two or four stroke, your choice. And if the engine is well-tuned, throw in a well stocked tool kit.
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
                X