Awesome GS1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome GS1100

I just got this from a Honda group I joined. Enjoy.

Just watched the TV Show PINKS last night!

1983 Suzuki GS1100 against a 2002 Harley V-Rod.

Best 2 out of 3 - 1/4 mile drag races.

No ET's or speeds (No clocks are used on the show).

1st race - Heads Up, Harley wins with a better jump at the start by 5
    lengths.

2nd race - Heads up, Suzuki wins by 5 lengths! Harley claims clutch
    is overheating.

3rd race - 15 minute break for the Harley to "Cool Off". Harley gets
    1 bike length at the start.

Harley gets the jump at the start line.

Suzuki gets the front end up in first 100 feet down the track.

Suzuki wins race by 2 lengths!

1983 Suzuki owner goes home with a 2002 Harley V-Rod!

Near as I can tell both bikes were very close to stock.

I love it when a plan comes together!

Originally posted by Anonymous
    I just got this from a Honda group I joined. Enjoy.

Just watched the TV Show PINKS last night!

1983 Suzuki GS1100 against a 2002 Harley V-Rod.

Best 2 out of 3 - 1/4 mile drag races.

No ET's or speeds (No clocks are used on the show).

1st race - Heads Up, Harley wins with a better jump at the start by 5
    lengths.

2nd race - Heads up, Suzuki wins by 5 lengths! Harley claims clutch
    is overheating.

3rd race - 15 minute break for the Harley to "Cool Off". Harley gets
    1 bike length at the start.

Harley gets the jump at the start line.

Suzuki gets the front end up in first 100 feet down the track.

Suzuki wins race by 2 lengths!

1983 Suzuki owner goes home with a 2002 Harley V-Rod!

Near as I can tell both bikes were very close to stock.

I love it when a plan comes together!
    Many of you will probably feel as if I am a troll. I still have a GS 750. But I also have an 03 Harley V-Rod. I also saw that episode of Pinks......What a joke. I would be glad to challenge any of you that think these machines can beat a V-Rod. Gs100 on down....... There is no comparison. Please don't feel as if I am bashing these machines, I'm not. I love my GS but I am definately not blind to the fact of what these V-Rods can do.......Justin

Comment

Doesn't the VRSC part of the V-Rod stand for Vaguely Resembles Something Contemporary?

Comment

Originally posted by jrforbush
        Many of you will probably feel as if I am a troll. I still have a GS 750. But I also have an 03 Harley V-Rod. I also saw that episode of Pinks......What a joke. I would be glad to challenge any of you that think these machines can beat a V-Rod. Gs100 on down....... There is no comparison. Please don't feel as if I am bashing these machines, I'm not. I love my GS but I am definately not blind to the fact of what these V-Rods can do.......Justin
        Winnerz are Grinnerz.... \\/

Losers catch a cab :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by jrforbush
          The numbers I find say a GS1150 will stomp a V-rod by a full second. Didn't find a GS1100 though.......

By the way, I Googled 1/4 mile times and that was the first link that came up. I'm not saying they are the total correct shizznit, simply what's posted there. Cheers!

Comment

I have no idea what real numbers that HD will run but last week I ran 11.38@117 on my stock 83 1100e 32,000miles, and several runs in the the 11.40-11.48 range. I am 210 in full race gear so a light person might get to 11.teens I think.

Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by ehra
              I have no idea what real numbers that HD will run but last week I ran 11.38@117 on my stock 83 1100e 32,000miles, and several runs in the the 11.40-11.48 range. I am 210 in full race gear so a light person might get to 11.teens I think.

Glenn

Interesting info. I would want my 20,000 dollar brand new bike to be more then .1 seconds faster then a 1983 Suzuki anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ehra

Glenn
                On a bone stock VRSCA I can easily run in the low 10's in the quarter mile. Again, I am not bashing these bikes I love them, I am just fully aware as to what these bikes can and will do. I am not just standing back and bashing the V-Rod (Like so many are more than willing to do) I am being realistic as to the power these machines have......Justin

Comment

I have a GS1100ED that is a California bike. The only thing I did when purchased new was to redegree the cams to Japan specs. It made a big difference in the power, and as we all know ridder talent and weight make a big difference. How closely were they matched?

Comment

I like the debate on the new Harley vs. old Suzuki the "Pinks" show started. But it seems strange how close the 25 year old Suzi is to H-D's best and brightest. How about apples to apples though? Should I dig up the 1/4 mile times on a new GSXR-1000 or 1300?

Comment

Or the new ZX-14 Kwaka. It's meant to be a real weapon out of the box.

Comment

Justin, that is great, I have not seen one of those around here get out of the 12's but that is purely the riders that come out to run them. I have never seen an experienced racer on one. What are your 60' times and incrementals, and what do those weigh? I am glad to see you take yours out to the track drag racing is great use of a motorcycle. Nobody should bash anybody’s ride in my opinion were all bikers.

Glenn

Comment

I tend to verbally bash H-D riders, mainly because they mostly seem to have their head up there backside...

Comment

jrforbush...........

So the camera lied?
                            Or are the folks over on the vrod site still ****ed?

You're looking up threads from months or a year or so ago.
                            Any reason why? Just want to stir up some debate?

And oh yea Gore won.
                            Keith
                            -------------------------------------------
                            1980 GS1000S, blue and white
                            2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Originally posted by KGB
                              jrforbush...........

So the camera lied?
                              Or are the folks over on the vrod site still ****ed?

You're looking up threads from months or a year or so ago.
                              Any reason why? Just want to stir up some debate?

And oh yea Gore won.
                              First of all, Don't be an a$$ if you would care to discuss this further I can elaborate as to why it says forbush....has nothing to do with politics...... and nothing to to do with the President of the United Stated.....
                              Secondly, I haven't been on these forums for a long time....I use to be registered under jforbush, couldn't remember my password, so I reregistered as jrforbush......Thirdly, in the time that I have note been here I purchased my 03 V-Rod, so I did a search on V-Rod to see what others are saying about it......Many people have alot to say, none, I have found (maybe I am wrong) own both bikes.....I am of the school of thought that if it has 2 wheels, then lets ride!!!!!!!! No brand loyalty here!!! I love my GS but I love my V-Rod. I am just being realistic as to what the V-Rod can do. Put someone on that bike (Not the fat a$$ that was riding it) even with moderate skill and I will show you different results........I am NOT bashing the Suzuki @ all......I am be truthful as to how well of a machine this Machine is. It just happens to be a Harley

Comment

Working...
                              X