Happy rescue day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy rescue day!

Well, my '81 GS550T had a successful 20 mile test ride today, it looks like the last problems are solved and repaired. I feel like the bike had it's first birthday! I would have kept ridding 'cept it's freezing outside!

I rescued this bike from a ham fisted meathead, and his buddy. Every dumb excuse for a "repair" they did, I had to track down and do over!
    Now I can start working on it's appearance.
    Best of luck with your own projects, and be patient!
    Bill
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
    Well, my '81 GS550T had a successful 20 mile test ride today, it looks like the last problems are solved and repaired. I feel like the bike had it's first birthday! I would have kept ridding 'cept it's freezing outside!

I rescued this bike from a ham fisted meathead, and his buddy. Every dumb excuse for a "repair" they did, I had to track down and do over!
    Bill
    It looks pretty nice the way it is. Enjoy it!

Comment

Bill
      Nice bike, a little cosmetic work, but not much from what I can see.
      Heck, paint on the fence will have to wait...
      McLoud
      '79 GS850
      `98 GSF1200 Bandit
      sigpic
      http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment

Bill
        That's my idea of a sweet looking bike. You can see the strong '60s British influence there, and IMHO they made the prettiest bikes. It would look perfect with a nice oil puddle under it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaggo60 View Post
          It would look perfect with a nice oil puddle under it.
          But someone might confuse it with a certain V-twin.
          De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally Posted by Flaggo60
            It would look perfect with a nice oil puddle under it.

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
            But someone might confuse it with a certain V-twin.

OK....to cover the 4 cylinders on the GS.....just make the puddle twice as big
            Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

There is a perfectly good and acceptable reason why most, if not all British Bikes leaked. As one tore down to Brighton from the "Smoke" for a little fun with the Mods at the seaside, the oil sprayed onto ones boots making them waterproof. This was good, as invariably it would p.ss with rain on the way home.

Comment

Working...
              X