Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost lost another member... Me...The almost part is still pending

September 7, 2014
    ,,...Went riding on a picture perfect day with a group of friends, The last thing I remember is flying through the air , and extreme pain.

.................. Four broken Ribs, broken shoulder, , broken nose ,concussion and a shattered/broken back....
    My back was repaired with rods and screws.
    Released and a week later readmitted to the hospital for a serious infection.
    Back home with an infusion pump trying to recover and control the infection
    up
    Have to tell you folks I'm having a very difficult/impossible time trying to keep my so called spirits up

Awe Geez. That sucks Geo. All my best thoughts on your recovery...
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

Sorry to hear of your crash, best wishes for your recovery.
      "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Sorry to hear of your incident. Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recover and quicker raising of your spirits.
        Always remember, regardless of your spot in life, there are others who care for, and depend on you.
        Be well my friend.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I'm sorry to hear of that. I'm glad you're still with us and hoping for a speedy recovery. No idea of what happened?
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Get better as quick as possible and remember you will heal...it'll just take some time.
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Yikes You are one lucky son of a b#@ch to be able to type. Sure sounds like you weren't kept in the hospital very long for those extensive injuries. Which bike were you on?
              Rob
              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Prayers sent for a speedy recovery. Get well my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                  Yikes You are one lucky son of a b#@ch to be able to type. Sure sounds like you weren't kept in the hospital very long for those extensive injuries. Which bike were you on?
                  That's what I was thinking. Those Infectious Diseases docs are brutal. I never did get their approval when I left after two months. I found I could cheer myself up by annoying the doctors. So I gave them names { couldn't remember their real ones anyway } Dr. Mercedes, Dr. Beemer, Dr. KountryKlub, whatever came to mind. The residents I called Dr. Wannabe. The nurses loved it and it got me big brownie points. It's very important to keep your sense of humour during your recovery and use every chance you can to get out of that room or your house even if you need someone to help you. That's what all those volunteer organizations are for. Hang in there it will get better.......
                  Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                  Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
                    Prayers sent for a speedy recovery. Get well my friend.
                    X2, Good Buddy!
                    Willie
                    Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
                    '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
                    '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
                    '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Best wishes on your recovery from over here. Infection is a sod, but modern medicine is wonderful - in 70%proof doses.
                      ---- Dave
                      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Sorry to read that Geo.

Reading your text I was thinking car......What happened to the other guy?

Be well, as well as can be.

Get better.
                        Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
                        1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Ditto above.

Hope you are feeling better and make a solid recovery.
                          Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Get well soon, Geo.
                            Heck, riding season in your neck of the woods was almost over anyways.
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Hang in there Geo!

Comment

Working...
                              X