DID 630YL and DID 630V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DID 630YL and DID 630V

I splashed out on a new chain and sprockets at an autojumble today - DID O ring chain, 630YL, and correct sprockets for a tenner - bargain. Fit on the 1100 a treat - original equipment sat on a shelf somewhere.

Only problem is that when I open the box there's no master link / split link / rivet link or whatever the terminology is in your part of the world. I've Googled to find out what is available and the only links I can find are for a DID 630V. Is this the replacement for the 630YL and will a 630V link fit the 630YL?

Incidentally I also spent £10 on a bucket full of stainless nuts and bolts - all sizes, all new. Many happy hours ahead sorting that lot out.
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Not sure how it is across the pond...but I'm not aware of any OEM 630 series chain that came with a master link...back in the day when manufacturers used 630 series chain they all were endless, as far as I know...liability concerns...and yes, 630V seems to be all there is to reference to anymore...you might just buy a 630V master link and try it for fitment...not sure how else (save measuring pins, sideplates, etc) to answer your question...most everyone I know is changing to 530 series chains and sprockets to save weight and have more chain options...best of luck!

Comment

just use some 40AMP fuse wire to join the chain lol.
      seriously, i think any 630 master link should fit. end of the day 630 is the size of the chain so you buy a 630 master link, it should fit
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Working...
      X