Looking for Honda clutch rebuild info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Honda clutch rebuild info.

A good aquaintance of mine has a mid-late 90's Honda nighthawk 750, and is overdue for a clutch rebuild. He'd like to make it his winter project, rather than get bent over the counter by the stealership.

He asked me if I knew of any websites that have a thorough walk-through with lots of pictures. He's a pretty mechanically-inclined guy, but not terribly confident in his abilities, so that's why he's looking for lots of pics.

I don't know any Honda sites to save me arse, so I'm turning to the fellows who probably do.

Thanks, all.

The clymer/haynes/official shop manual all have detailed instructions and pictures for the clutch rebuild. It's quite easy, honestly.

Comment

order new fibers/springs/CC gasket OEM parts.
      unload the clutch and reassemble in reverse order.
      this should be as basic as basic is.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
        order new fibers/springs/CC gasket OEM parts.
        unload the clutch and reassemble in reverse order.
        this should be as basic as basic is.
        You know this, I know this, trying to explain it to someone who has the ability but not the confidence is a different story altogether though...

I'm sure most of us know somebody like that?...

Comment

Originally posted by wkmpt View Post
          You know this, I know this, trying to explain it to someone who has the ability but not the confidence is a different story altogether though...

I'm sure most of us know somebody like that?...

whenever I lack confidence in powersports situations I just get a small bottle of Rum and a digital camera.

I bet the honda engineers have a hidden bolt somewhere as a stumbling block.

I bee looking for pics or write ups but sadly Honda tuner cars have destroyed the internet for honda bikers.

and where did he gt a 750 thought that was cnada only spec or was it built after the taariff?

Comment

this seems like a fanatics page good place for you friend to start

Comment

wretched manual link is broke

this is the same file I think from another site

Comment

You might try the forums over at sohc4.net. I'm not sure how far the single overhead cams got yearwise until they went dual, but they might be able to help you there.

Comment

Is it a hydraulic clutch model?
                  This thread was on www.nighthawk-forums.com

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                    I'm pretty sure it is a hydraulic clutch, based on his description and not having seen it.

I sent the forum info his way, hopefully he can put it to good use.

Comment

Working...
                    X