GS850 Clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS850 Clutch

Hi folks i have a GS850, swapped engines over last week due to horrible top end rattle, on the new engine the clutch has feel to it. tried adjusting cable etc but when I pull the lever is still just pulls all ther way in and feels like there are no springs in clutch. I haven't taken the cover off yet as by the time I had swapped engines over was sick and gave up for the day. Is it easier to just swap the clutch out of the last engine over and if so how big a job, never done that before. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Is the cable frayed or stretched? Is the angle right on the clutch arm?

Here is the adjustment page from the manual...

Here's some more general information from my little website...

Clutch Odd and Ends

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Hi Cliff yes the cable is fine,same on I had been using with no problems before changing engines over. Thanks Wayne

Comment

If the clutch from the other engine was ok just swap em out. Not hard at all. Take the bad one apart first then you'll have an idea how to put it all back together on the good one.
        PLenty of info around here to get it done.
        sigpic

82 GS850
        78 GS1000
        04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
        .................________-|___\____
        ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

All sorted now guys took clutch casing off and no springs in clutch!!! Swapped over the springs from old clutch to new, putting the casing back on and broke it where the oil fill is, BUGGER might try to get it welded.

Comment

Working...
          X